We are the voice of Suffolk birdwatchers, an independent birding group and registered charity, founded in 1973.
For enjoyment: providing birding resources
- 20+ annual field trips
- Programme of talks and presentations plus birding dedicated media
- The quarterly magazine and annual review of Suffolk Birds
For conservation: protecting birds
We help protect habitats and extend birding amenities
- We encourage conservation projects that have secured excellent outcomes:
- Helping to return breeding Peregrines to Suffolk after 200 years
- Reversing the county’s declining Barn Owl population
- Supporting the Swift nest box programme
- Encouraging focused Farmland Birds work
- Assisting in the BTO Atlas and other surveys
Membership of SOG is open to anyone with an interest in the birds of Suffolk.