We are the voice of Suffolk birdwatchers. An independent birding group and registered charity founded in 1973.
For enjoyment: providing birding resources
- 20+ annual field trips
- Programme of talks and presentations
- The Harrier quarterly magazine
- Suffolk Bird Report (SNS membership required)
For conservation: Protecting birds
We help protect habitats and extend birding amenities and encourage conservation projects that have secured excellent outcomes
- Helping to return breeding peregrines to Suffolk after 200 years
- Reversing the county's declining Barn Owl population
- Supporting the Swift nest box programme
- Encouraging focused Farmland Birds work
- Assisting in the BTO Atlas and other surveys
Membership of SBG is open to anyone with an interest in the birds of Suffolk.
(Previously known as Suffolk Ornithologists Groups SOGs)