We are a friendly playgroup occupying purpose built accommodation on the Cedarwood School site. We are independent of the school and operate as a registered charity. We have a well equipped, clean and pleasing indoor environment and a large, safe and stimulating garden with growing area for food. We have a highly qualified, dedicated and motivated staff team who offer an excellent experience for all children. Our high ratio of qualified staff enables us to give generous care and attention to all children. We are a playgroup that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop and in which parents help to shape the service we offer.
Three Bears Playgroup
Who to contact
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Three Bears Playgroup for vacancy information. We have vacancies for September 2019, please call for information
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 16:00
Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 15:00
Monday to Friday AM: 09:00 - 12:00
Monday to Friday PM: 13:00 - 16:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Peanut, lactose and dairy allergies, vegetarians.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have an experienced Special Educational Needs Coordinator. We happily work with outside agencies to support children's specific needs.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 Per hour
- Allotment, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Quiet area, Slide, Vegetable patch
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 4 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 31/10/2005 Integrated Good 11/05/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 16/06/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 11/07/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Our building is on a single level enabling access for all.
On entry to our playgroup parents are invited to attend to meet with the key person allocated to their child. We have an 'All about my child' document for parents to complete to start discussion about their child's learning and development.
When a child starts with us we make initial assessments and observations to build a picture of their specific stage of development. We differentiate activities to ensure all children have the opportunity to access them. If we have any areas of concern the SENCO works with the key person and parents to ascertain if any further interventions are necessary. If outside help is necessary this will be organised with parental consent.
Staff within the playgroup use Makaton signing and have one member of staff who has training to level 4 and leads in this area.
We use symbols in our daily visual timetable for all children, in the playroom and toilet area.
We have experience and training of working with children with ASD and have used the Now and Next Board and PECS systems.
Our SENCO operates a Social Communication and Interaction group to support children in this area.
Specific staff have experience and training of working with children who have epilepsy.
We operate a robust system to support children with severe allergies of which we have experience and Epipen training.
We have experience and confidence to support children with Asthma and Hypermobility.
We work with outside agencies to support children with speech and language difficulties, implementing strategies and activites as required.
We are happy to take time to attend meetings outside of the setting to support you and your child, especially at transition times.
Our playgroup ensures a budget for staff training if it is necessary to support a specific child's need.
- Teresa Tyler
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
- Child care