A new service at Lowestoft Library for the citizens of Lowestoft which will be of particular interest to people with disabilities, carers and family carers, setting the standard with a fresh approach to involving people with a very modern twist! The Navigator, based within Lowestoft Library is available for anyone to drop in and meet and chat with friends as well as join in with different organisations and clubs. There is comfortable seating, a Nintendo Wii game linked to a large projector screen, DVD player, TV, internet access, photocopier and laminating service and information available about services in the area .Staff are on hand to offer suport and guidance to help people find the information they want Navigator is also a 3rd party Hate & Mate Crime Reporting Centre and supports the Stay Safe Scheme. Various professionals hold surgeries at Navigator, please contact us to find out more.
Who to contact
Where to go
Clapham Road South
- NR32 2DR
- Area served
- Lowestoft, Waveney
- Parking details
- large car park directly opposite the Library with parking for people with a blue badge.
- In the centre of Lowestoft town, next door to the bus station, a 5 minute walk from the train station. Car park directly opposite the Library, with spaces designated for people with blue badges.
- Restrictions to access
- Service restricted to people over 18 years of age with a disability, carers, family carers and young carers. Although anyone can visit for advice and information. Children under 18 need to be accompanied by a parent, carer or support worker.
Days & Times
- Monday - Saturday - 9am - 5pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
A drop in service, occasionally events are held here and profesional surgeries are held regularly.
Please contact staff for more information
- Cost Details
- none apart from charges for photocoying, printing and laminating service.
- Referral required?
- Referral and availability notes
No referral system and no waiting lists. People can drop in whenever they choose.
- Age Groups
- 16-25 years, Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Low vision resources, Lift, Adapted Toilet, Audio Loop
- Accreditation website
- Accreditation details
- DisabledGo - Link to access guide for Lowestoft library
Navigator - for citizens of Lowestoft, particularly those with a disability, carers and family carers. ACE, Great Yarmouth & Waveney Health Trainers, Suffolk Family Carers and Community Support Workers all hold surgeries at Navigator. Friendship Group every Thursday morning 9.30-12, come along and meet old friends and make new ones! Please call 01502 674663 for more info. No cost involved for attending any of the surgeries, appointments available.
Over 18's (under 18's need to be accompanied by a parent, carer or support worker)
- Last Updated