The Playbox provides a safe, caring and stimulating environment to encourage intellectual, physical, social and emotional development and growing independence through play and adult support. All are equally important and interlinked. Our aim is to enhance the development of all children from 2 to 5 years of age. We offer a high ratio of adults to children which enables us to give individual care and attention, as well as fun and friendship with other children and adults. At the Playbox we offer all the children the opportunity to develop at their own pace, by providing a planned Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and appropriate play activities. The children can enjoy regular P.E. and movement sessions, fortnightly music sessions with the piano and musical instruments and cookery sessions. We implement an individual record keeping and key person system to ensure all children reach their full potential. Our current Ofsted status: Outstanding overall.
The Playbox, St Johns Methodist Church Preschool
Who to contact
- Mrs Nicky Hillman
The Playbox, St Johns Methdist Church Preschool
St. John's Church Community Centre, York Road
- CO10 1ND
01787 373185 or 07591062605
- St Johns Church Community Centre
- CO10 1ND
- Parking available
- Parking details
- 6 Parking spaces in church hall car park
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact The Playbox, St Johns Methodist Church Preschool for vacancy information.
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.00 Lunch Club - Per day £12.50 Per session
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Out-door play, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Slide, Take children on outings
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 09/11/2006 Integrated Good 08/12/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 02/03/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
The Playbox aims to have regard to the DfES Code of Practice 2014 on the Identification and Assessment of Special Educational Needs, and to provide a welcome, and appropriate learning opportunities, for all children.
At the Playbox we have due regard for the Equality Act 2010 so children with special needs, like all other children, are admitted to The Playbox after consultation between parents and The Playbox supervisor, so that we can endeavour to meet each child’s needs.
Our aim is to provide for the developmental needs of each child in the group.
ALL children in the group, irrespective of their special needs are encouraged wherever possible and appropriate to participate in all the groups’ activities
Our groups Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator or “SENCO” – Lisa White, monitors the needs and progress of children who have special educational needs.
A system of observation and confidential record keeping operates, in conjunction with parents, to enable us to identify and monitor children’s needs, and progress on an individual basis - with on-going reviews.
Our Key person system ensures each adult is especially responsible for, and close to, a small group of children, so each child receives plenty of adult time and attention.
Staff additional training includes:
Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator, Lisa White:
- Autism Spectrum
- Multi-sensory play
- Transforming Learning through Observation
- Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Observing and Assessing Children
- A Positive Approach to Behaviour
- Supporting Communication
- Makaton Level 1-2
- Nicky Hillman
- 01787 373185 or 07591062605
- Child care