Our charity “East Anglian Russian Cultural Society” (Reg. 1121269) by Charity Commission Direct in October, 2007. This name has been amended to “East Anglian Russian and International Cultural Society” in 2008. Our Society is the member of International Association of Russian speaking organizations in UK “Eurolog” with one our representative in Coordinative Committee of “Eurolog”, SAVO, ContinYou and Community Action Suffolk
Russian School “Raduga” for children 3-15 years age in Ipswich was setting up on 23 September, 2007. Russian School “Raduga” was reorganized to Education Development Centre “Lingua” in October, 2011. The EDC Lingua has working on Saturdays and Sundays in Castle Hill Community Centre, Highfield Road, Ipswich, IP1 6DG.
- Education and Development Centre “Lingua” (EDCL) is an established supplementary school teaching Russian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Music and Culture. Some of our pupils spend an additional hour after language classes taking part in our Theatre Studio.
- The school runs on Saturdays and Sundays during school terms between 10.00am – 2.00pm. Our school has 63 pupils from 37 different schools in Suffolk. There are five Russian Language classes, three Lithuanian Language classes and one Ukrainian Language class.
- The Director of Education and Development Centre Lingua, Galina Oja, is a very experienced educationalist and the school has a strong academic record. In 2011, four students prepared for “A” Level Russian. All were awarded A* grades. In the year 2016 5 students passed the exam for GCSE Russian and 2 students for “A” Level Russian with A* grades.
- In 2012 Education and Development Centre “Lingua” received an award from the Russian Embassy. The school has also received a letter of appreciation from the Lithuanian Embassy for its work with Lithuanian families in Suffolk and the surrounding area. The school has been awarded Lite Quality Standards by Young Suffolk (now Community Action Suffolk) and we have received letters of thanks and certificates from them in recognition of our contribution to children’s education in the UK. In the year 2014 our school was awarded from National Resource Centre of Supplementary Education (NRCSE) with Bronze, in 2015 with Silver and in 2016 with Gold.
The Gold Quality Framework Award shows that the supplementary school has well-established systems in place to ensure consistent good quality teaching across the school.
- Outside of London, Suffolk is a National Leader for Quality Framework Gold achievements.
- Our Charity was awarded as Charity Of The Year 2018 at Suffolk Business Awards Ceremony in October 2018