Fairplay after school club offers after school care for children from 4 years (in full time education) to 11 years (till the end of year 6
Fairplay After School Club (OSC)
Who to contact
- Gusford School Grounds
- IP2 9LQ
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Last updated
- Other information
- Brookside Pre-school has immediate places available in their out of school club.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 15:30 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - The building is a one storey low level building so easily accessible with a wheelchair
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.50 Till 4.30pm with snack provided £6.50 Till 5pm with snack provided £11 Till 6pm with hot cooked dinner and snakc provided
- After school club - 3.30pm -4.30pm After school club - 3.30pm -6.00pm
- Equipment for all ages
- School pickups
Gusford Primary School (Ipswich)
Sprites Primary School (Ipswich)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 4 Year(s)
- To 12 Year(s)
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 28/11/2005 Integrated Good 09/12/2008 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 23/10/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Inadequate 17/03/2015 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good 06/06/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 21/03/2018 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
At Brookside we ensure we have full regard for the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2014) and the Equality Act (2010) so we ensure that our provision is fully inclusive to all children with special educational needs.
- We provide a welcome and learning through play enriched environment ensuring that we meet each individual child's needs and their stages of development.
- We aim to wrok closely in partnership with our parents/carers and any outside agencies to meet and support the chidren's needs.
- We work in conjunction with our special educational needs policy, which we regularly update to ensure that we carry on meeting the most up to date legislations with regard to special educational needs.
- We have a trained Suffolk accredited named SENCo (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) within the setting: Melissa Bedford as well as our Manager Kerrie Webster who is also a suffolk accredited SENCo. Melissa works closely with all staff to support the Keypersons with children who have special educational needs. She has the full responsibility to ensure the setting follows the Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs Policy and co-ordinating provision for children with SEN.
- All staff are aware that they have a duty to meet the needs of children with SEN in their care.
- We ensure that children with SEN are given extra support with regard to any transitional changes in their education, including transition to other settings.
- We use the system of 'Assess, Plan, Do and Review' as outlined in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2014) for children with SEN.
- We as a setting as a whole ensure that we keep up to date with the changing of legislation and guidelines by attending regular meetings and training sessions, then information is then cascaded down to other staff members.
- Some specialist training courses relating to SEN that staff at Brookside have attended:
* Makaton 1-4
* Autism Spectrum Awareness
* Speech and Language for the under 5's
* As well as other training linked to EYFS which can have a positive impact on children with SEN's development
- Child care