Rectory Garden Montessori School
Rectory Garden Montessori School enjoys an enviable position within the picturesque village of Melton, just minutes from Woodbridge and with easy access onto the A12 and Suffolk's heritage coast. Built in 2009 the property was originally a potting shed and gardens belonging to The Old Rectory but now fully restored with the help of local architects and craftsmen the building is enviably positioned in an acre of garden with surrounding open countryside where an abundance of wildlife can be seen in its natural habitat.
Rectory Garden Montessori enjoys two purpose built classrooms that are warm, well-organized, and inviting to help children feel calm and at home.
The Acorn Room for children aged 1 - 2.5/3 years;
- Provides a safe, engaging and nurturing environment for the child
- Promotes trust in themselves and their world
- Develops confidence in their emerging abilities
- Develops gross motor skills and language skills
- Offers opportunities to gain independence in daily tasks
The Oak Room for children aged 2.5/3 - 5 years;
- Fosters the growth of functional independence, task persistence and self-regulation
- Promotes social development through respectful, clear communication and safe, natural consequences
- Contains a large variety of materials for the refinement of sensory perception and the development of literacy and mathematical understanding
- Offers opportunities for imaginative exploration leading to confident, creative self-expression
The outdoor environment is important in a Montessori school, offering opportunities to engage in the natural world. Rectory Garden has a large and natural space to use as a second classroom and a place to play. Outdoor equipment in the garden includes a large blackboard, a water tray, a sandpit, a play house, trim trail and a large climbing frame with the children continuing to offer further resource ideas! There is a vegetable patch with raised beds where the children are supported in growing various fruits and vegetables and have even helped to plant a number of fruit trees. The settings wild and uncultivated area continues to flourish each year as wild flowers and grasses are added in order to encourage butterflies and other wildlife to visit the garden.
Rectory Garden is designed to take advantage of children's early years which Maria Montessori referred as the period of the absorbent mind and specified that during this time children have the greatest capacity to learn through absorbing information from their environment. With this in mind the prepared environment at Rectory Garden, offers a place where children are the focus, with all items in the school being scaled to the child's size, encouraging independence. The design and flow of a Montessori classroom creates a learning environment that accommodates choice; uncluttered spaces, natural lighting and fascinating objects offer the children complex sensory and intellectual experiences.
Who to contact
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Rectory Garden has limited availability, please contact us for further information.
Days & times
Monday to Thursday: 08:00 - 17:00
Friday: 08:00 - 16:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We ask parents to complete a questionnaire detailing their childs dietary needs to ensure we cater for all children.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We work closely with parents and our Area SENCo to provide support to develop the childs learning and development.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £36 Per Half Day £64 Per day
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Allotment, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Forest school, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, MEAB accredited montessori school, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Quiet area, Sleeping area, Slide, Swings, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 1 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 29/06/2022 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Rectory Garden Montessori School provides an environment in which all children with special educational needs are supported to reach their full potential. We ensure that our inclusive practice ensures equality of access and opportunity.
We have in place a clear approach for identifying, responding to, and meeting children’s SEN. We support and involve parents/carers (and where relevant children), actively listening to, and acting on their wishes and concerns. We work in partnership with the local authority and other external agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children with SEN and their families.
We have two experienced SENCO coordinators who continuously keep up to date with all courses and legislation as well as ensuring individual staff members attend training to support specific children.
- Georgina Alexander or Andrea Beresford
More like this
Sign in to write a review
Lovely nursery Rated 5 out of 5
A wonderful supportive school. The staff at Rectory Garden Montessori are exceptional, they have so much experience, and the loving, caring touch that you would want for your child's early years education. I would highly recommend to any prospective parents.
Review submitted on 02/03/2021
Rectory Garden Rated 5 out of 5
Rectory Garden was the perfect setting for the introduction to school life for my children. The Montessori teaching principals enabled them to gain social skills together with self confidence and a love of learning.
Review submitted on 02/03/2021