Leiston Family Hub
A Family Hub is somewhere families, parents, carers, young people can get support.
Our Family Hub model includes:
- Buildings - these are local support centres for all families, young people, parents and carers to access. They are a place to get help, information, advice, guidance, and support that might otherwise be too hard to find.
- Outreach - Family Hubs will deliver health and family support services in the community, bringing services to families in their community.
- Services and Support - which all families can access. Staff working in our Family Hubs will work hard to ensure families receiving the right support, at the right time, to help them thrive.
- A place to meet a variety of Practitioners to get a wide range of advice and support. Staff working in our Family Hubs will work in partnership with families and other community providers to ensure the right services are available for families to access.
On here you will find the timetables of the 0-5 activities and services available. We are working with the community and families to develop our 5-19 (25 SEND) offer. Until then, information, advice, and guidance is available for all families at any family hub across Suffolk.
Who to contact
- Becky Brame
01728 642930 or Suffolk family information service 0345 6080033
- Social Media
Find us on Facebook
Where to go
- Leiston Family Hub
- IP16 4HF
- View IP16 4HF on a map
- Area served
- Saxmundham, Aldeburgh, East Suffolk, Leiston, Framlingham, Wickham Market
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Limited parking is available
- Restrictions to access
- We have disabled parking.
We are based on the old school site along with The Waterloo Centre
Days & Times
- Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 9.00 am - 5.00pm and Fridays 9.00 am - 4:30 pm
- Cost Details
- Our services are free, however there may be a small cost towards some activities for equipment, food or drink.
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, 16-25 years, Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet, Audio Loop
- Accreditation details
Family Hubs are places where children and young people 0-19 (25 SEND) and their families can receive seamless integrated services and information, and where they can access help from multi-disciplinary teams of professionals.
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
At Leiston Family Hub, we are committed to promoting and providing high quality learning and play opportunities. We believe in valuing and respecting each individual in a welcoming, accessible and inclusive environment.
We offer a range of universal and targeted support and services which are designed to meet the needs of all users.
How does Leiston Family Hub cater for children and families with special educational needs and/or disability?
Family Hubs are for families with children aged 0-25. In Suffolk, our Children's centre and Health Visiting service are one team and based within the Family Hub, we believe this will provide our families with the best care and support, enabling them to provide the children in their care the best possible start. The Health and Children's centre service team is made up of Health Visitors, Healthy Child Practitioners, School Nurses and Health and Children's Centre Advisors.
At Leiston Family Hub, we pride ourselves on providing a welcoming and stimulating environments for all who come to see us. We aim to provide an inclusive environment where our families can feel safe and supported. Our groups, where possible, are planned within the Early Years Foundation Stage framework. This planning will look at the needs of individuals within the group and provide many opportunities for them to express themselves and grow with a range of options for open ended play, which in turn encourages an inclusive environment where everyone can express themselves and learn together. We also strive to make sure that every family and has a comfortable and non-judgmental experience when visiting Leiston family hub.
We value and respect all of our families and embrace the opportunity to celebrate their diversity. Leiston Family Hub has an equal opportunity, inclusion and diversity policies which are reviewed at least yearly. We offer a wide range of universal and targeted services which are designed to meet the needs of all our families.
We offer a range of parenting courses to help support parents in managing challenging behaviour. Please see our timetable for full details of the groups and services we offer.
How will staff support my child's needs?
Firstly, we will respect that parents/carers know what is best where their children are concerned and we will try not to make assumptions about what your child needs. If assistance is needed, there are always members of staff on hand during our groups who can offer help and support as required. One-to-one support is available for families in the home, and we will work in partnership with you and other agencies in meeting the needs of your family. Our child centred approach puts children at the heart of our service, and should you require additional help, we will work with you to help identify any areas of concern, ensuring your child’s wishes and feelings are heard. We are trained to use the Common Assessment Framework and Signs of Safety to make sure we can undertake a thorough and realistic assessment of your child’s needs, which will focus on recognising and building on their strengths, in partnership with their family and any other professionals involved in their care.
Our Health and Children's centre advisors are always on hand to offer information, advice and guidance and we can help to signpost you to other relevant local services and support as identified. These can include:
- The Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) which provides information, advice and support to young people and children with SEN or disabilities aged 0-25 and their parents, about education, health and social care.
- Activities Unlimited
- Suffolk Early Learning Together Service
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Behavioural Support Services
- Specialist Services
When it is time for your child to start attending nursery or school, we can support you the transition period as we know this can be both challenging and an emotional time. Together, we can develop a transition plan which will help ensure that your child’s move is as smooth and stress free as possible.
What arrangements are in place to ensure that Leiston Family Hub is accessible for children and families with special educational needs and/or disability?
Leiston Family Hub is Disability Discrimination Act compliant, and Leiston family hub has an induction loop in reception. All staff are aware of the needs and sensitivities of our families with hearing difficulties, and we always make an effort to communicate in other ways. All areas of the hub that are for public use are fully accessible from all entrances and exits. We also have a parking space to the left of the building for use by anyone with additional needs. If you are a regular user of the hub with an additional need, we will also draw up a Personal Evacuation Plan (PEEP) in case of an emergency. This will initially be drawn up by a member of staff who will then go through it with you.
The furniture within the hub is entirely moveable and adaptable allowing the flexibility to create suitable spaces, if required. Our resources and equipment are displayed at child-height, and are fully accessible, allowing children to make independent choices about their play.
What training or experience do the staff supporting children and young people with SEND have?
The health and children's Centre Service within Leiston family hub is an inclusive setting with staff experienced and trained in early years care and education and development.
Staff Training undertaken includes:
- WELLCOMM (for Speech and Language)
- Solihull Approach (Parenting support program)
- Video Interactive Guidance (for Parental Attachment support)
- For further information please contact Becky Brame or Samantha Ball
- 01728 642930
More like this
Sign in to write a review