Founded in 1952 by Benjamin Britten and Peter Pears, Aldeburgh Music Club is one of the leading choral societies in East Anglia. The choir rehearses from September to May and gives three major concerts each year of which two are at Snape Maltings Concert Hall.
Aldeburgh Music Club Choir
Who to contact
Where to go
- Aldeburgh Music Club
Aldeburgh Community and Sports Centre
- IP15 5HY
- Area served
- Saxmundham, Suffolk Coastal, Aldeburgh, Leiston, Framlingham, Wickham Market, Woodbridge, Southwold
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking is available at the Community Centre and the Kings Field car park.
Days & Times
- Tuesday 7.30 – 9.30pm September to May each year
- Time of day
- Cost Details
- Subscription £130 pa or free for under 25s
- Referral required?
- Referral and availability notes
To apply to join either contact the Chairman by phone (01728 561005) or email; email@example.com or complete the simple ONLINE FORM which can be accessed from the website www.aldeburgh.club
- Age Groups
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet
- Accreditation website
- http:// www.makingmusic.org.uk
- Accreditation details
- Member of Making Music. Registered Charity No.1000990.
Aldeburgh Music Club has over 80 members who perform with professional soloists and orchestras in 3 major concerts each year. The Club always welcomes new singers. There are no auditions for membership but singers must have an acceptable tone and pitch. The choir rehearses each Tuesday evening from September to May at the Aldeburgh Community Centre from 7.30 to 9.30pm.
- Service users involved in planning
The Trustees are elected by the members.
- Last Updated