British Thyroid Foundation
We provide the following information and support people affected by thyroid disorders in the following ways:
- Patient literature about all thyroid conditions, symptoms and treatments. Most of our patient leaflets are also available in Urdu, Polish and Arabic.
- A series of patient experience films which are featured on the BTF YouTube channel.
- A comprehensive website
- Our newsletter is sent out three times a year to BTF members.
- Peer support offered by user led local support groups across the UK.
- A network of volunteer telephone contacts who offer information, peer support and experience-based practical guidance.
- Patient and public information events.
- A medical query answering service.
- Closed Facebook groups offering support to people affected by hyperthyroidism, thyroid eye disease, thyroid cancer and parents and carers of children with thyroid disorders.
- Research funding - we offer a £20,000 Annual Research Award available to researchers and scientists to fund a one year research project on thyroid disorders.
- Support for nurses - two £500 Nurse Awards to be used towards conference/training expenses.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
More like this
Sign in to write a review