Risby Early Birds, Preschool & Afterschool Club
Out of School Care
Risby Preschool was established in the early seventies in Risby Village hall. Since September 2012 moved into a purpose built building close to the Primary School offering extended services to the community. We are a registered charity who welcome all children and continue to strive to develop our setting to meet the needs of the children we care for. Our Preschool Leader holds a Childcare Level 6 qualification and two members of staff are Special Educational Needs (SENCO) trained. All other members of staff hold a Level 6 or Level 3 qualification in Childcare. The Preschool is Ofsted inspected, a member of the Preschool Learning Alliance and has gained the Every Child's A Talker Standard (ECAT). The Preschool follows the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum which promotes learning through play and a whole range of activities. We have an enclosed outside play area with a variety of outdoor equipment. We have many activities on offer daily such as a book corner, sand and water play, painting, craft, a computer and role play. Ofsted quotes “The quality and standards of care are good”, “Children relish their time at the Preschool”, “The quality of teaching and learning is extremely good”, and “Snack time is a lovely social occasion”.
We are pleased to offer before and afterschool childcare to children attending the Preschool (from 3 Years old) and Risby CEVCP. We have good links with the Primary school as the Preschool and school staff walk the children to and from school each day. The children have access to a variety of play equipment that are age appropriate.
Who to contact
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- We have sessions available throughout the week please contact us to confirm what session.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 5.30pm
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We cater for all dietary needs - gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, vegan, nut allergy and all religious beliefs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Our Setting Manager and Preschool Leader both have the Special Educational Needs Disability qualification. Five members of staff have attended Makaton training.
- Our Fees from June 2023 Early Birds 8.00-8.30am £5.50 Preschool Children Early Birds 8.00-9.00 £8.25 Afterschool 3.30-4.30pm £8.25 3.30-5.00pm £9.75 3.30-5.30pm £11.25 Adhoc/block books incur an additional 50p.
- Accessible parking, Allotment, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- School pickups
- Risby CEVCP School (Bury St Edmunds)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 3 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 11 Year(s) 0 month(s)
Specific additional needs this setting has experience of is
Speech & Language Difficulties
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 07/03/2007 Integrated Good 25/11/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 23/03/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 03/05/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 15/12/2022 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Rachel Crouch
- 01284 810794
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review
Wonderful setting Rated 5 out of 5
Risby Preschool has been an incredibly positive and enjoyable setting for my daughter. She is happy to walk in every morning, is greeted with smiles by all staff and is looked after beautifully. To say she is thriving because of her environment and peers is an understatement.
Review submitted on 24/11/2016