Zoe Jones (Montessori Minded)
Welcome to Montessori Minded. I am Zoë Jones and I offer a high-quality childminding service for a small number of children, following the ethos of Montessori education.
I am a Level 5 Montessorian with a decade’s experience working with children from 0-10 in homes, schools and nurseries in Japan and the U.K. I have been a Mothers’ Help, a Primary School Teaching Assistant, and a Nursery Teacher at both a British Montessori Nursery School and a bilingual International School in Japan. In addition to this role, I was the Head Teacher of Kansai International School’s Early Learning Centre over six campuses, in charge of curriculum and training; and I have a 2.1 (Hons) in English with Law. I am now also a mother myself. This variety of experience gives me a great starting point from which to understand and support children and their families.
I am to provide a loving and warm Montessori Minded home, in which your child feels secure and supported as they embrace their innate desire for independence.
The Jones family are Ollie, a site technician; Huxley, born in October 2013 and Quinlan, born April 2016, both attending Dale Hall Primary. We are a non-smoking, pet-free household, on Broom Hill Road. We have taken a Montessori approach to raising our boys to encourage independence, support emerging life skills and foster logical and creative thinking. We have designed our living space to incorporate child-sized furniture and allow appropriate independent access to activities and resources.
What is Montessori?
A child Maria Montessori was observing said; "help me to do it by myself". It is an innate urge in children to want to do everything for themselves. Montessori is about breaking down skills and teaching it in logical stages so the child can truly achieve independence. This means we encourage hands on learning; for as Dr Montessori said: "what the hand does, the mind remembers".
Montessori Minded embraces the fundamental principles of Montessori education and adapts them for our home environment. To me, Montessori is about understanding how the child develops, and responding to the child’s immediate needs and emerging skills in a respectful, gentle manner.
Dr. Montessori said; "follow the child, but follow as his leader". The child needs firm but gentle guidance as we - both parents and care providers - nurture his/her innate needs for exploration, movement, repetition and order. At Montessori Minded I aim to provide a beautiful environment and activities for your child to use independently. I support your child’s desire to learn how to do things for themselves. I offer carefully prepared activities to refine different smaller life skills in preparation for bigger tasks. This is based on close observation of the child: s/he is offered the next stage of the activity as and when s/he is ready for it, and only then.
Who to contact
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- I currently have no vacancies. Next availability will be in September 2024
Days & times
Monday to Wednesday: 7:30am - 5:000pm
Friday: 7:30 - 5
- Wheelchair access
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I will liaise with families to support their child's individual dietary needs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Experience with Makaton, Gifted and Talented, and I have Bilingual education.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
- Speech and language difficulties
- Please contact me for cost details.
- Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Homework support, Out-door play, Take children on outings
- Further information about pick-ups
- Highfields and The Meadows Montessori day nurseries.
- Cater for over 8s
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 07/10/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Montessori Minded is aware that some children and young people with varying additional needs and disabilities sometimes require additional support. The purpose of the policy is to inform other interested parties how I will provide this support.
The aims and objectives of my SEND policy are:
- To accept all children with special needs and provide additional support where necessary.
- To ensure that play is inclusive and encourages anti-discriminatory practice by enabling all children to take part.
- To encourage anti-discriminatory attitudes.
- To give opportunities for all children to participate in the activities, play opportunities and to be an equal and valued part in the setting.
- Mrs Zoe Jones
More like this
Sign in to write a review