The museum is an ideal all-weather visitor attraction, and is run by volunteers from the Bentwaters Aviation Society.
Suffolk Advice and Support Service helpline: 0800 068 3131 for free financial advice or support.
Home, But Not Alone emergency helpline: 0800 876 6926 for urgent help
Bentwaters Cold War Museum - Woodbridge
Who to contact
Where to go
- Bentwaters Cold War Museum - Woodbridge
Bentwaters Cold War Museum
- IP12 2TW
- Area served
Days & Times
- First and third Sundays and Bank Holiday Sundays/Mondays from Easter Sunday to the end of October. 10am - 4pm
- Cost Details
- Adults: £5 Children aged 14 and under: Free
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet
- Accreditation details
- (Accredited Museum)
The museum is based in the former USAF hardened command post on the former Bentwaters airfield. The main war operations room and battle cabin have been restored to original condition. There is also the BT telephone exchange room, and decontamination showers and airlock to explore. Exhibition rooms cover the history of RAF Bentwaters from W.W.II until the base closed in 1993.
- Last Updated