Established on 1 April 2015, the aim of Felixstowe Forward is to develop a collective approach to tackling the town’s key challenges and opportunities.
Engagement with a wide range of business and community groups is central to developing a plan of action which will improve the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of Felixstowe. Felixstowe Forward consists of a small team which is headed up by the Felixstowe Forward Change Director.
The work of the team is guided by the Felixstowe Forward Sponsoring Group which consists of local government, business and community representatives.
Among its aims, Felixstowe Forward will work in the heart of Felixstowe to:
- Oversee the development and delivery of further economic growth
- Seek and support new developments and projects
- Promote Felixstowe as a high quality destination town
- Preserve and promote the heritage of the town
- Support and develop an enterprise and entrepreneurship culture