Yaxley and Mellis Pre-school
Who to contact
- Zoe Wright
- Team Leader
Yaxley & Mellis Preschool
- IP23 8DP
- Venue Notes
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
- Contact Notes
High adult to child ratio.
- Charity Commissioning Number
- Yaxley and Mellis Pre-school
c/o Mellis CEVCP School
- IP23 8DP
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking is roadside, we share a disabled parking space with the school. If this space is occupied, permission is granted for parents to park in the preschool/school staff car park.
- Donna Day
- Pre-School Chair
Yaxley & Mellis Pre-School
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- We presently have spaces available for children aged between 2 - 5 years, on all sessions. Please call or email us for more information.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 9:00 - 3:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - We have wide opening doors, disabled toilet and flat level access to the front and rear of the building.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - All beliefs are respected and individual dietary needs are met where ever possible.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - All staff take regular training to support the needs of our children. We presently have three accredited Special Educational Needs Coordinators, between them they have a range of experience working with children aged 2 - 5 with SEN and their families.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3:60 Per hour £3.60 Lunch Club - Per day £9.00 Per session £21.60 Per day
- We offer a Lunch Club with the option to have a hot lunch provided by the Primary School. Our prices are very competitive
- Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Slide, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
Our pre-school children enjoy playing indoors and outside in our secure garden, we operate a free-flow play environment. We encourage our children to extend their learning at their own individual pace in a calm, safe environment. All our activities are planned with elements to ensure inclusion for all.
Our building has full disabled access and amenities. Our garden pathways are all on one level and easily accessible.
We have a strong working relationship with all local primary schools.
We work closely with Botesdale After School Club, should you require extended childcare from 3 pm - 6 pm.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 02/10/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 15/01/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Our building has full disabled access and amenities, and raised beds within the garden. Our pathways are all one level. We have a touch screen computer and visual impaired keyboard. We have a select of ethnic dolls, puppets, musical instruments and books.
Our indoor tables have adjustable legs, all our doors have a wide open access.
Three members of our team have SEN accredited training.Our staff have worked closely with several parents, over the years, supporting them and their children to ensure full inclusion, respecting them and their children's individual needs. All staff have in house training to support children within the setting with SEND.
1 staff members has epi pen training.
4 staff members have received special educational needs manual handling training.
Children are supported via individual learning plans and SMART targets.
Information is gained via our Holding Form, of additional needs/requirements prior to children starting with us, so we can ensure we have everything in place, and any training required.
All information is shared with our staff during induction training and staff meetings. Parents are always informed when we update or changes policies.
- Zoe Wright
- 01379 788458
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care