I have been a registered childminder for 21 years, looking after children from all ages and nationalities. Your child would be welcomed into a caring, safe and friendly environment. I aim to develop your child’s needs through play, offering a wide range of toys (indoors and out), books and arts/crafts. We attend local baby and toddler groups, parks and the library. I encourage all children in the setting to respect others needs and cultures. My aim is to have fun in order to expand your child’s development. I have received 'OUTSTANDING' in my last inspection with OFSTED for the third time.
Who to contact
- Vicky Redgrave
- Registered Childminder
- 07703 346105
- Hereward Childminding Services
Bury St. Edmunds
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking is available outside the setting.
My home is a 3 bedroom house, situated very close to a local primary school, local amenties and the town. I have a conservatory, that is used as a playroom, which is fully equipped with toys and resources. The playroom leads out to a fully enclosed garden aiding free flow play. The playroom is situated ideally in my home with easy but secured access to the kitchen, downstairs living space and toilet facility.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- I currently do not have any vacancies but this may change, please contact me for enquires.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - I am able to work with parents to develop needs and language. Will offer toys and books which reflect different cultures and religions.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Please call to discuss your child's needs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - I have cared for children with asthma and special dietary needs.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 per hour (Full time) £4.50 per hour (Part time) £5.00 per hour (After Sch) £5.00 per hour (Before Sch)
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, Out-door play, Pet dogs, Playroom, Quiet area, Sleeping area, Soft play area, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Village walks
- School pickups
- St Mary's Church of England Academy (Mildenhall)
- Further information about pick-ups
- Local nurseries by prior arrangements.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 14 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 28/02/2007 Care Outstanding 16/12/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 02/03/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
I offer a fully inclusive setting and will under going any specific training required that supports children with SEND.
As a registered childminder, I aim to follow the requirements of the EYFS (2014) and the Childcare Register (2012) and provide an inclusive environment for ALL children and their families. I am also required to comply with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and the SEND (special educational needs and disabilities) Code of Practice 2014.
I will do this by:
• Regularly talking to parents/carer’s about the individual needs of each child
• Talking to children about their likes/dislikes and interests.
• Encouraging parents/carers to tell me about family culture/religion/beliefs.
• Providing a wide range of resources and activities which reflect the diversity of our local area and further afield.
• Supporting each child through sensitive observation, regular assessment and individually planned activities to achieve their full potential.
• Providing individual support depending on the child’s needs.
• Using the 2 year progress check to highlight if I believe a child is falling behind in any of the prime areas of learning.
• Focusing on the positive things that each child can do.
• Leading by example and challenging any form of prejudice.
• Providing resources which challenge stereotypical ideas.
• Sharing information about children’s learning and development – and providing ideas for home learning - with parents/carers as required by the EYFS.
• Seeking permission to ask for support from outside agencies where appropriate.
• Attending appropriate training to ensure I have the skills and knowledge needed to support children and their families.
• Encouraging children to respect each other as individuals.
If I believe a child needs additional support, I will speak to parents and ask their permission to approach agencies which will support their child. I will follow the graduated approach laid out in the Department for Education SEND code of practice to ensure every child receives the best possible care and learning opportunities.
- Vicky Redgrave
- 01638 715583
- Child care