Cartwheels Family Hub
A Family Hub is somewhere families, parents, carers, young people can get support.
Our Family Hub model includes:
- Buildings - these are local support centres for all families, young people, parents and carers to access. They are a place to get help, information, advice, guidance, and support that might otherwise be too hard to find.
- Outreach - Family Hubs will deliver health and family support services in the community, bringing services to families in their community.
- Services and Support - which all families can access. Staff working in our Family Hubs will work hard to ensure families receiving the right support, at the right time, to help them thrive.
- A place to meet a variety of Practitioners to get a wide range of advice and support. Staff working in our Family Hubs will work in partnership with families and other community providers to ensure the right services are available for families to access.
On here you will find the timetables of the 0-5 activities and services available. We are working with the community and families to develop our 5-19 offer. Until then, information, advice, and guidance is available for all families at any family hub across Suffolk.
To access any Health & Children's Centre service, please follow www.suffolk.gov.uk/healthvisiting or call 0345 607 8866
Who to contact
- Samantha Whiteman
01440 760500 OR Suffolk Family Information Service on 0345 60 800 33
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Where to go
Days & Times
- Open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm. Please go by the maps attached and not by the journey planner.
- Cost Details
- Our services are FREE, however there may be a small cost towards some activities for equipment, food or drink.
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Adults
- Accreditation details
- Family Hubs are places where families with children 0-19 (25 SEND) can receive seamless holistic integrated services and information, and where they can access help from multi-disciplinary teams of professionals.
We offer a wide range of groups for families to enjoy together. These range from drop-in groups and specific activities. Other services we offer include; parenting, antenatal classes which help you prepare for your baby, counselling and home visits.
Please contact us for more information. Our staff are available to give support and advice. Our current timetable is available on this page and you can keep updated via our Facebook page. We look forward to meeting you and your child at some of our sessions.
- View the latest Ofsted Inspection Report
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
How does Haverhill Family Hub cater for children and families with special educational needs and/or disability?
We are open Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm, and are for families with children.
In Suffolk we have joined up our Children’s Centre’s with our Health Visiting service, as we believe this will provide you with the best care and support. The Family Hub teams are made up of Health Visitors (HV), Family Support Practitioners (FSP) and Support and Information Officers (SIO).
We are committed to promoting and providing high quality learning and play opportunities, along with an information service. We believe in valuing and respecting each individual in a welcoming, accessible and inclusive environment. The centres have an equal opportunity policy which is reviewed at least on a yearly basis. We offer a range of universal and targeted support and services which are designed to meet the needs of all users.
Where possible, all our group activities are planned to meet individual children’s needs. We work within the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, and will capture evidence of your child’s progress as she/he attends the centre. Play sessions will offer activities which can be arranged on different heights including floor level and we can adapt sessions to meet individual’s needs.
All our toys and equipment are suitable for children aged 0 to 5 years and we have a variety of specialist resources, including a range of sensory equipment.
We offer a universal parenting course, sign-post to Parenting Partnership and one-to-one support in order to help all parents manage challenging behaviours. Please see our timetable for a full list of our groups and for more information.
How will staff support my child's needs?
Our staff are available during our activities and can offer help and support as required. One-to-one support is available for families in the home. We will work in partnership with you and other agencies in meeting your families and child’s individual needs. Your child is at the heart of our service - should you require additional help, we will work with you to help identify any areas of concern, ensuring your child’s wishes and feelings are at the centre of the support. We are trained to use the Common Assessment Framework to ensure that we are able to undertake a good assessment of your child’s needs - recognising and building on their strengths.
Information, advice and guidance is available. We can help to signpost you to other relevant local services and support as required. These can include:
- The Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) which provides information, advice and support to young people and children with SEN or disabilities aged 0-25 and their parents, about education, health and social care:
- Suffolk Early Learning Together Service
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Behavioural Support Services
- Specialist Services
When it is time for your child to start attending nursery or school, we can support you through the transition period as we know this can be both challenging and an emotional time. Together, we can develop a transition passport which will help ensure that there is a smooth transition for you and your child.
What arrangements are in place to ensure that we are accessible for children and families with special educational needs and/or disability?
Our Hubs are Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant and are fully accessible from the entrance and exit. Cartwheels has dedicated parking at the rear of the centre (and additional parking adjacent at Clements Surgery if required), automatic front door entrance / exit, and lift access to the children’s centres’ playrooms on the first floor. At On-Track there is parking to the side of the building with one dedicated disabled parking space.
At On-Track the playroom is accessible via two slopes leading to a standard width door entrance, from which there is a shallow slope to the play area.
Within the hubs we have accessible toilets with baby change facilities which include emergency alarms. All the rooms at both centres have a mix of non-slip flooring and carpeted areas.
The furniture within both centres is entirely moveable and adaptable allowing us the flexibility of creating and moving spaces if required. All resources and equipment are displayed at child-height and are fully accessible, allowing children to make independent choices about their play.
What training or experience do staff supporting children and young people with SEND have?
The Hub is an inclusive setting with staff experienced and trained in early years care and education.
Staff Training undertaken includes:
· Autism Awareness and supporting families
· WelComm – staff are trained to undertake WelComm (Speech & Language) assessments and support parents in helping their child’s language development
· Elklan – training to support staff working with children with speech, language and communication needs:
· Relationships build brains
· A Positive Approach to Behaviour
· Introduction to better health and wellbeing for people with learning difficulties
· Characteristics of effective learning
· Helping parents who misuse substances
· Understanding risk with all families
· Incredible years 0-5
· Social Education
Who can I contact for further information?
Samantha Whiteman – Haverhill Manager or Kylie Hilson – Support and Information Officer
- Samantha Whiteman
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review