We provide safe and secure premises where we can promote a kind and loving atmosphere. It is important for children to feel happy and comfortable to learn and open up to the learning experience. Children develop at their own pace and we value this. Children are treated as an individual with their own personality. We encourage the children to develop independence, but we also value teamwork, sharing and discipline. The early years are spent "learning by doing" a fun time for growing and developing. This is achieved with praise and encouragement from our highly motivated and committed team of staff.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
The Play Pit Day Nursery
Who to contact
- Sophie Conway or Donna Durrant
9 Brownlow Road
- IP11 7EX
- Holly Lodge
- IP11 7EX
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Parking details
- We have a large driveway which is available for parents use when dropping off and collecting their children.
- Both the train station and bus station are within walking distance of the nursery.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Play Pit Day Nursery has places available at all sessions. Please contact provider for further information.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We strive to celebrate the festivals of different religions. We have vast experience of working with children and their families with English as an additional language.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We aim to cater for all diets. Our cook is very knowledgable on different dietary requirements and is able to cater for these.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have a wide range of additional needs experiences, please see our 'local offer' section for more information.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Please contact the nursery for up to date prices. We offer discounts for siblings.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, CCTV, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sleeping area, Slide, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- School pickups
Fairfield Infant School (Felixstowe)
Trimley St Mary Primary School (Felixstowe)
Kingsfleet Primary School (Felixstowe)
Colneis Junior School (Felixstowe)
- Further information about pick-ups
- We offer a school drop off service in the morning - children may be dropped off between 7.30am and 8.30pm.We provide a breakfast club from 7.30am-8.00am - children have a choice of cereal, toast, fruit and drinks. They are transported to school in our own fully insured vehicles. We then collect them after-school and we are able to keep them in our care until 6pm. After school we provide a snack, fresh fruit and drink. We also have games and activities for our school children before and after school.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 1 month(s)
- To 11 Year(s) 11 month(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 09/07/2007 Integrated Good 09/02/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 10/12/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Inadequate 09/10/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 31/01/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 19/12/2017 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
At the Play Pit we have two Suffolk Accredited SENCo's who work together to provide positive outcomes for children identified as having a special need and/or disability. We have a wealth of experience in working with children with varying needs from medical, behavioural and physical. We are happy to discuss your child's specific needs, and are of course willing to access any relevant training when necessary should your child begin attending our setting. We have created strong links with the local health visiting team, Speech and Language therapy team, occupational therapists and work closely with Suffolk County Council when specific needs are identified.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Sophie Conway or Becky Flower
- 01394 276005
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care