Little Acorns Childcare
Our Mission -
At Little Acorns, we believe all children are unique individuals.
We aim to provide a safe, awe-inspiring, nurturing environment for them to explore and develop.
Our inclusive provision embeds tolerance and respect as part of everyday life and encourages the children to listen and have their voices heard, to show compassion and to celebrate achievements
Little Acorns Childcare is held in a bright, well-lit, well-ventilated and spacious hall and is linked to Beacon Church.
Children are cared for in age-appropriate areas within the hall. We believe children benefit most through using play as a basis for early learning; accordingly, we provide a wide variety of experiences and activities.
These activities are planned around each individual child's interests and in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage, which lay the foundation for children’s future learning. We are fully inclusive of all children’s needs ensuring they are supported individually to make progress at their own pace.
We have strong links to local primary schools and professional agencies ensuring good transitions and quick identification of children’s additional needs. We have two purpose-built outdoor play areas, which allow children to have fun whilst aiding their physical development. We are a warm and friendly team who work together to ensure the happiness of our children, our staff are qualified and experienced in childcare and are always happy to answer any questions you may have. We have an open-door policy so please feel free to contact us for a socially-distanced visit.
We are also home to Bury Baby Bank who help support local families in crisis.
Who to contact
- Beacon Church
Bury St. Edmunds
- IP32 6PX
- View IP32 6PX on a map
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Ample car parking available
- Bus stops in close proximity to the setting
- Restrictions to access
- Wheelchair / pushchair accessible
Bus every 30 minutes.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Little Acorns Childcare for places available for 2, 3 and 4 year olds
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 0800 - 1600
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Our setting is open to all children regardless of race, religion, culture or ability.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Lunches are provided by parents of those children staying for the lunch club. A healthy snack is offered during each session. Children with allergies are catered for i.e. gluten/dairy-free.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - SENCO plus Sen Support staff
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.00 Breakfast club - Per day £18.50 Morning Session £3.00 Lunch Club - Per day £18.50 Afternoon Session £5.00 After School Session (per day) Consumables charge - £1.00 per 3 hour AM/PM session Per session
- New starters are required to pay one month's fees when registering. Fees are then due monthly in advance
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, CCTV, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet fish, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 4 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Age Groups
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 16/09/2005 Integrated Satisfactory 19/05/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 04/03/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 21/11/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 15/07/2021 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We have in place the following:
- Wheelchair access including ramps
- We adjust the room layout to accommodate the children's individual needs
- Posters, displays and resources showing people with differing abilities
- Specific SEN resources to meet individual needs ie visual timetables, PEC cards, Now & then boards
- Use of Makaton - our staff are Makaton trained
- 1 to 1 support when needed
- Translated letters and information for children with EAL
- Planning for each child's individual needs
- Social Communication & Interaction Groups
- Staff trained to use intensive interaction
- SenCo and Sen Support on hand at all times with training updated regularly
- Susan Edwards
- 01284 756588
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review