We offer full day care, 51 weeks a year. We are stiuated in our own premises with rooms for babies up to two years, toddlers aged 2 - 3 and pre-school aged 3-5 years. We have a large garden which is home to our guinea pigs and chickens and is where we grow vegetables. We have an experienced and well-qualified staff which includes five graduates. We put the needs of the children first and plan exciting and challenging activities for them based on children's interests and stages of development. We are a very forward-thinking team who are always trying to find ways to develop and improve the service we provide and like to "go the extra mile". We develop good relationships with parent and carers and are supportive and friendly, sharing children's achievements and involving parents and carers in their child's learning. Staff take regular professional development courses including first aid, safeguarding and food safety. We have two qualified Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators (SENCo) as well as those who specialise in working with babies. We have all worked together to learn Makaton Sign Language and taken a course together to enable us to support children's social and emotional development. We have built a very good local reputation with most of our families coming to us by word of mouth. We enjoy being an important part of the local community and can often be seen out and about on local outings to the castle, river, market or library
Beehive Day Nursery
Who to contact
- NR35 1DQ
- Parking available
- Parking details
- We have a large car park for nursery users
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Other information
- Please contact Beehive Day Nursery for vacancy information.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Experienced in working with children from a range of backgounds & with additional needs. We treat chldren as individuals & try to meet their needs in the most appropriate way for each child & family.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We should be able to accommodate any individual dietary needs. We have experience of food allergies including gluten free diets and can also provide vegetarian options.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We are particularly experienced in supporting children with delayed language development and have worked closely with Speech and Language Therapists to help children develop their communication skills.Developing children's social skills is also a strength at our nursery.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.25 3 years plus - Per hour £5.25 Birth to 3 - Per hour £50.00 3 years plus - per day £50.00 Birth to 3 - Per day
- Day rates include all meals
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, CCTV, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet small mammals, Pets, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 16/09/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 13/05/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 02/06/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
- We offer an inclusive service, welcoming children and families with SEND.
- We work with parents/carers to meet the needs of children with SEND, liaising with other professionals working with the child and sharing information sensitively.
- We have a fully qualified Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) and Deputy SENCo. Between them they have a wealth of experience of working with children with varying needs and abilities.
- We have worked with children with Cerebral Palsy, Down's Syndrome, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Asperger's Syndrome, Global Developmental Delay, hearing impairement and many with speech, language and communication difficulties. We are keen to learn from parents about the needs of their child
- Our premesis are on the ground floor with no steps. All rooms are wheelchair accessible. We have a disabled toilet with nappy changing facilities. Access to the garden is via a slope from the decking.
- A large proportion of staff are trained in Makaton signing and we use this with all children at the nursery
- We have a flexible approach, adapting and evaluating our resources, equipment and provision to meet the needs of all children
- We have a comprehensive SEND Policy which is shared and reviewed with all staff
- We promote a flexible and gentle settling-in process for new children, encouraging parents/carers to spend time at the nursery, getting to know staff and routines and providing reassurance for the child until they are ready to be left
- Our staff team is well qualified, welcoming and friendly, providing a positive and sensitive approach to the care and education of children with SEND. We make the sharing of information a priority
- We are aware that some challenging behaviour may arise from a child's additional needs and will work with parents to provide a consistent and planned approach to behaviour.
- Mary Hickley
- 01986 896304
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care