Happy Days Childcare
Happy Days is a welcoming friendly group, the rooms have been specially designed for children, they are safe, warm and spacious. All areas of learning are covered through play, the children are given plenty of encouragement to build up their self esteem. Although our post town is Newmarket we are actually situated much closer to Haverhill. Our childcare is comprehensive as we offer:
- preschool for ages 0 to 5 years of age
- school cover Breakfast Club and After School Club to Wickhambrook, Thurlow & Hundon primary schools
- Holiday Club for all ages upto 11 years for 51 weeks of the year (not Bank Holidays or Christmas week)
- Holiday Club for children who do not use us during term times (eg from preschools/ schools without a holiday club scheme in place)
Who to contact
- Debbie Corsby
1 Lancaster Way
- CB8 9YD
- Social Media
Find us on Facebook
- Contact Notes
You are welcome to ring us on 01440 820027 to arrange viewings and ask for information about us. Answerphone is available outside our hours of business. Ask initially for Debbie Corsby, but other members of staff will be happy to help if she is unavailable.
- Happy Days Childcare
1 Lancaster Way
- CB8 9YD
- View CB8 9YD on a map
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- We have a private off-street carpark and provision for on-street parking for limited periods (pick-up and drop-off times)
- Generally parents use cars to get to us, although there are bus routes along the A143 from Haverhill to/from Bury. See bus timetables for up to date information. We have our own bus which we use to offer free lifts to/from local schools as part of our Breakfast/Early Start Clubs sessions in the morning and After School Clubs in the afternoon. If necessary, we can arrange to pick up and drop off pre-school children at Wickhambrook School (as part of term time school run) if the parents have no other means of transport.
- Restrictions to access
- No restrictions, but try not to park in the staff spaces. It is a No Smoking zone
We are close to Haverhill & Bury St Edmunds. However, we have children from a widespread area such as Cambridge and Stowmarket, as their parents work locally (eg at local schools and Highpoint Prison)
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Happy Days Childcare currently has limited spaces for all aged children, please ring to find latest number of spaces available.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 18:30
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - All meals freshly are cooked daily on premises and can be catered to specific needs (e.g. wheat/dairy/gluten intolerances and allergies such as peanuts and kiwis). See our Facebook page for details of menus for the month ahead.(www.facebook.com/happydayschildcare.stradishall/)
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We are committed to being an anti-discriminatory setting by promoting equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families. See our "Local Offer" for fuller details regarding our SEND policy
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
Speech and language difficulties
- Please see our website for current information: www.happy-days-childcare.co.uk
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Forest school, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet fish, Pet small mammals, Pets, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, TV - DVD, Vegetable patch
- School pickups
Wickhambrook Primary Academy (Newmarket)
Hundon CP School (Sudbury)
Thurlow CEVCP School (Haverhill)
- Further information about pick-ups
- We have our own bus which we use to offer free lifts to/from local schools as part of our Breakfast/Early Start Clubs sessions in the morning and After School Clubs in the afternoon. If necessary, we can arrange to pick up and drop off pre-school children at Wickhambrook , Thurlow and Hundon primary schools (as part of term time school run) if the parents have no other means of transport.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 1 month(s)
- To 11 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11)
Please go to our website for more general information (www.happy-days-childcare.co.uk).
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 07/03/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We provide an environment in which all children including those with special educational needs and disabilities are supported to reach their full potential.
We have regard for the Dept.for Education (DfE) Special Educational Needs Code of Practice 2014.
We have a qualified SEND officer (Debbie Corsby, Manager) and most of our staff are Makaton trained (level 1 &2).
If you wish to speak to us about specific SEND issues please contact Debbie Corsby (01440 820027). You are welcome to come and visit us to discuss issues and see our current SEND policy.
For this and general information please also see our website (www.happy-days-childcare.co.uk).
- Debbie Corsby
- 01440 820027
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review
Excellent nursery Rated 5 out of 5
Happy days is an excellent place to have your child at. My 5 year old went there at 2 and received all aspects of development skills confidence school readiness and toilet training. She was more than ready for school thanks to them. My 2 year boy now goes and is confident eats well due to varied menu and enjoys all games toys and outdoor play.would highly recommend.
This review helped 2 out of 2 people.
Review submitted on 26/11/2018
Friendly and Welcoming Nursery Rated 5 out of 5
Happy days is a warm and friendly place to send your children, the staff are approachable and always willing to go the extra mile to accomodate your individual needs. My son has benefited from being in a room with children his own age and having an EYFS teacher on board will help set him up for school. He has formed bonds with all the staff and is more than happy to have cuddles with any of them including the lovely nursery cook who has been really patient with his fussy eating habits. He now eats so well and more often than not will go back for more. As parents we have seen his confidence grow and his development flourish but the most important thing of all is that he is HAPPY!!! Well done Happy Days!!
This review helped 1 out of 1 people.
Review submitted on 24/01/2019
Amazing ! Rated 5 out of 5
Both my children attend this nursery and they both love it, my LB went from 10 month and my LG from 9 month and they are just amazing ! They take so much time to teach your children things you probably would have not though of teaching. My LB has come on amazingly and his speach is brilliant for a 2.5year old. My daughter is having fun exploring everything and keeping the staff entertained. I thank them for all that they have done for my children! And for all that they continue to do!
Review submitted on 13/03/2019
A BIG Thank you Rated 5 out of 5
A BIG THANKYOU to all the nursery staff at Happy Days! “Behind every Child who believes in themselves is a teacher who believed in them” Thank you for helping us grow, with love from us! xx From a parent of two children who have now started their primary education.
Review submitted on 04/07/2023