I live with my husband and am a mother of 3 children( all boys!!) , and 1 grandaughter. Our youngest is homeschooled. I also work with my mum (Christine) as my assistant. I work from a purpose built cabin in the garden. I would like to offer families an opportunity for their children to enjoy a home from home environment while their parents are working. I am a registered Forest Childcare Provider, we enjoy being outdoors at the woods, beach, zoo, park and having lots of fun in our garen. We attend the zoo and gymnastics club weekly, along with a curiosity approach inspired playgroup. Ialso attend a childminding support group regularly. I have a well equipped cabin which is suitable for all ages. We have lots of inside space for when the weathers isn’t so nice outside and a lovely enclosed garden.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Who to contact
- Emma Thompson
Kirkley Park Road
- NR33 0LQ
- Parking available
Local bus route close by.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- 30 Hours Partner Summary
- I will continue to offer 15 hours funded Childcare. I am happy to share the 30 hours childcare with other settings and offer 2 x 7.5hr sessions here as I feel this gives the children the best use of the time to settle and enjoy learning.
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- From July Emma has availability on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Days & times
Monday to Thursday: 08.00 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I would be happy to cater for individual dietary needs after discussions with parents/guardians.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 per hour (daytime)
- Additional costs for gym group, woodland tots and farm visits.
- Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet cats, Pet dogs, Pets, Playroom, Quiet area, Sleeping area, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Village walks
- School pickups
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School (Lowestoft)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 12 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 12/01/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 29/07/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 16/08/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
I am an inclusive practice and would be happy to discuss any additional needs with parents.
- Child care
More like this
Rated 5 out of 5
Sign in to write a review
The best Childminder you can have
Emma has been like family to my children. She is an expert childminder, inspires creativity and exploration in children under her care. She is so much more than a normal childminder and goes the extra mile to give children lots of variety, learning and caring guidance. My son has always been so excited to be going to her - What more could a parent want than a child that is so comfortable with their carer. Leaving me happy to go to work knowing my child is enjoying their time away from me. She has a very outdoor focus allowing children to explore the environment and get out in the fresh air. I cannot rate her more highly. Both of my children have been under Emma's care since 8 mths and she is part of our family now. I could not have worked without her. Thank-you Emma for being in my childrens lives.