Hope Trust has once again had to close its doors but due to the wonders of modern technology that does not mean we are closed! We are still here to offer help to isolated people. Of course this can't be done in person just yet, but we can offer a cheery, regular phone call, a Zoom, What's App or FaceTime catchup, a weekly (chatty) letter or a short, handwritten card; in other words you do not need to do this alone, Hope Trust remains committed to being here to help. Just as soon as we can we plan to open our doors to offer our weekly support sessions - our Tuesday Technology Cafe where you can get help with all your technological issues, Wednesday & Thursday Tea & Chat when you can share your lockdown stories in a safe, Covid secure place with others who feel the need for personal contact just as much as you. Oh, and we make a great mug of tea and coffee! At the moment we plan to re-open on Tuesday 13th April, but watch this space for any changes in the roadmap that might change this plan.
We plan to organise a socially distanced 'Walk with Hope' on Mondays 12th, 19th & 26th April, see our website for times and where walk will start from.
We also remain determined to offer our Spring 21 Bereavement Support Group and at the moment we hope to offer the following dates:
1. Saturday 1st May, 10.30-12noon at Maidstone Hall, 127 M Maidstone Road, Felixstowe, a chance to find out what the course is all about.
2. Week 1 of 4, will start Monday 10th May, time to be agreed with attendees
3. Week 2 of 4, Monday 17th May, time to be agreed with attendees
4. Week 3 of 4, Monday 24th May, time to be agreed with attendees
5. Week 4 of 4, Monday 7th June, time to be agreed with attendees
Please keep an eye on our website (www.hopetrust.org.uk) for more details/changes/updates.
The Hope Trust is a charity whose aim is 'helping older people.' We work with people aged 50+ and our particular focus is on the relief of loneliness.