A special venue in Bury town centre, converted from a Victorian school. The building has been extensively renovated and has some lovely features including natural brick walls, contemporary lighting, high ceilings and loads of natural light. A building with soul! There are two large halls for hire - one is especially suitable for dance - plus a cosy meeting room. Hire can be for different uses - training, wellbeing, lectures, private parties, dance classes etc. Cheaper rates for charities and community groups. Next to St John's church, at the bottom of a street full of independent shops. We also have a cafe serving fairtrade drinks, light lunches and yummy homemade cakes, all at very reasonable prices.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
The Centre (The St John's Centre)
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Centre
St John's Street
Bury St Edmunds
- IP33 1SN
- Area served
- Bury St Edmunds
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- We are within 5 minutes walk of town parking. Nearest car park is St Andrew's car park (Wilko's / bus station car park, entrance opp the fire station).
- We are 5 minutes walk of bus and train stations.
We are next to St John's Church
Days & Times
- We are available to hire every day of the year, daytimes and evenings
- Cost Details
- Hire charges from £18 for a 3 hour hire of the small meeting room. From £34 for the larger hall.
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, 16-25 years, Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet, Audio Loop
There is lots of information on our website, including photos and availability. Please click on the link
- Last Updated