Hello, I'm Damien, I am a general and bereavement counsellor. I have practices in Lowestoft, Beccles and Norwich. Check my website Your Counselling Space by clicking on this link.
I guess at any time, life can turn up challenges. You can get to feel anxious or like you're getting lost or unsure how to work with a relationship issue. Read more on to see how you may find I can help you resolve things.
You may already know what you're looking for from counselling, or you might just feel you want things to change. By talking things through, you can work out a new perspective or direction. I am ready to help that process unfold. My approach includes being curious about what a steady, fulfilled future might look like to you and how you can find your way there.
I am a registered therapeutic counsellor with an emphasis on free-form conversation that can help you find answers to what is troubling you. I especially welcome working with those who may not normally seek counselling or therapy though think they may benefit from talking over potential solutions to difficult aspects of their lives.
If you are feeling in crisis and feel that you cannot wait for a regular appointment, take a look at me resources page by clicking here.
I have also worked for more than twenty years as a personal development mentor for a wide range of people as well as facilitated hundreds of group sessions and workshops on personal change. I presently focus on working one-to-one. You may find that, through our conversations, you will quickly begin to find solutions to what has been bothering you.
Offering a friendly, understanding context, with a special emphasis on genuine acceptance, creating a safe place for you to talk. Talking about your distress with another can help lift its burden, and let you take a fresh look at what troubles you. Though I will tailor my approach to you as an individual, my general approach is to look for genuine and inspiring solutions moving forward rather than focusing solely on the past. You may find that as we talk you will see new possibilities or perspectives and a renewed purpose and meaning.
Though my primary specialism is bereavement and complicated grief, I do also, however, work with people with a wide range of issues. I have a special interest in working with:
- Anxiety and worry
- loss of direction
- Trauma and panic attacks
- Low self-esteem
- Autism and Asperger Syndrome
- Cultural issues
- Health related issues
- Men's Issues
- Mental health issues
- Obsessions and OCD
- Personal Development
- Post-traumatic stress
Training, Qualifications & Experience
I spent over 5 years as a student of therapeutic counselling.
- BSc. (1st Class hons.) in Counselling: University of Brighton
- FdSc. Person-Centred Counselling: University of Brighton
- Foundation Year, Psychosynthesis: ReVision, London.
- Level 2 Counselling Skills Qualification. NCFE, Lewes.
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training: Suicide First Aid. Eastbourne.
- Certificate in Focusing Skills: The British Focusing Teachers’ Association. London
- Patient and Family Support Team Generic Training. St. Catherines Hospice, Crawley.
Other related training:
- Working with Children Facing Loss. St Catherines Hospice, day workshop, Crawley.
- Adult Aptitude to Grief Scale, and how to apply it. St. Catherines Hospice, day workshop, Crawley
- BACP endorsed Hypnotherapy Training w/e. Brighton
- Working with Trauma day workshop
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and adhere to their code of ethics.