At ABA Horizons, we believe that every child should have access to Evidence Based services.
We provide [Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)] services to help children on the Autism Spectrum (or likely to be) and other additional needs.
"The goal for early intervention is maximise the potential of your child."
What does this mean? In a nutshell – to help your child understand the world around them, so they’re as independent as possible, and feel more comfortable in it as they grow up.
We have served people on the spectrum across the country, providing services remotely and directly. Our team focusses on home-based ABA Therapy because the home is where children spend the most time. We can however work in the community to help generalise newly learned skills. We also provide services in schools, though this requires your child to have ABA funded on their [EHC Plan].
No matter how or where we work:
- We bring the utmost care, patience, respect, and empathy when working with your child to help them progress.
- We’re acutely aware that the circumstances for every family is different. We do our best to help you access ABA services regardless.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Area served
- All Suffolk
Our direct services consist of one-to-one therapy provided to your child for a specified number of hours per week in the home, school or community setting.
Days & Times
- Open Monday to Friday 9am until 8pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
We provide ABA programs to individuals on the autism spectrum and/or with other additional needs, usually up to the age of eleven. We can also provide services for children who are likely to be on the spectrum or are awaiting the results of an autism diagnostic. Considering it can take anywhere from 6 months to 2.5 years receive a diagnosis (depending on where you are), and the fact that ABA is undeniably expensive, we appreciate that every individual and their family in need of services, have unique needs and circumstances. This is why we offer a variety of services: to make ABA as accessible to as many people we possibly can.
Before any services are provided, we must assess your child to determine their learner type and recommendation for services. Your child will have a customised program developed specifically for his or her strengths and needs. Our programs are rooted in proven evidence-based research and is incorporated in you child’s learning plans. Our Autism Evaluations are designed with Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs) in mind and includes self-assessments, interviews and observations with a BCBA via Tele-Services:
Tele-Services allow for families to have access to ABA programmes using modern technologies. We have two Tele-Service programmes: Tele-Ed: For advanced learners, or older children, who can learn independently and use a computer or tablet Tele-Guidance: For beginning learners or younger children that can’t yet learn independently.
Not sure how ABA works? Visit our FAQ section to learn more. Direct Services at ABA Horizons involve ABA therapy being provided by a Behaviour Tutor, in person. Supervision is currently provided remotely by a BCBA. Our Autism Evaluation will recommend the number of hours for services, provided by a Behaviour Tutor, your child needs. The supervisor should supervise for at least 10% of tutor hours. Our programmes are typically home-based. Though we can work with your child in the community and the school (EHCP required) to help generalise skills.
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11), Young people
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We provide services to individuals up to the age of eleven with a diagnosis of ASD. We can provide services at home, in schools or in the community, at a time that is convenient for you. To get more information, contact us. Once you have been in touch with us you can expect the following:
- We will schedule a triage call with our UK based BCBA to gather some important information.
- Following the triage call you will be provided with recommendations for services and what we think is going to work for you.
- We will conduct a Strengths and Needs assessment so that we can put together a highly individualised programme tailored to the needs of your child. If you decide to proceed with our services, this assessment is free of charge. If you would like the assessment and report only, a flat fee will be charged.
- Jamie Spencer
- 07789 414817
More like this
Sign in to write a review