The Wooden House Family Hub
A Family Hub is somewhere families, parents, carers, young people can get support.
Our Family Hub model includes:
- Buildings - these are local support centres for all families, young people, parents and carers to access. They are a place to get help, information, advice, guidance, and support that might otherwise be too hard to find.
- Outreach - Family Hubs will deliver health and family support services in the community, bringing services to families in their community.
- Services and Support - which all families can access. Staff working in our Family Hubs will work hard to ensure families receiving the right support, at the right time, to help them thrive.
- A place to meet a variety of Practitioners to get a wide range of advice and support. Staff working in our Family Hubs will work in partnership with families and other community providers to ensure the right services are available for families to access.
On here you will find the timetables of the 0-5 activities and services available. We are working with the community and families to develop our 5-19 offer. Until then, information, advice, and guidance is available for all families at any family hub across Suffolk.
To access any Health & Children's Centre service, please follow www.suffolk.gov.uk/healthvisiting or call 0345 607 8866
Who to contact
- Tracey Baldry
- Healthy Child Practice Manager
01473 323870 or 01473 263815
- Social Media
Find us on Facebook
Where to go
Days & Times
- Open Monday and Friday 9.00am - 1pm, Tues and Thurs 9.00am to 5pm, Weds - Closed
- Session Information
See link to our timetable in the 'Documents' section on the right of the screen -->
- Cost Details
- Our services are free, although for some activities a small charge may apply for equipment or food and drink.
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Adults
- Accreditation details
- Children’s Centres are places where children under 5 years old and their families can receive seamless holistic integrated services and information, and where they can access help from multi-disciplinary teams of professionals
Family Hubs are places where children under 5 years old and their families can receive seamless holistic integrated services and information, and where they can access help from multi-disciplinary teams of professionals
We offer families with young children under the age of 5, a friendly place to go to access a range of activities and support services.
Staff who may help you from your Hub are:
- Health Visitors
- Healthy Child Practitioners
- Health & Children's Centre Advisers
Each centre runs a different timetable of activities (many are free to join) which may include:
- Child Health Clinics
- Infant Massage
- Stay & Play
- Parenting Support groups
- Child and family health support such as Infant Feeding Support groups
- Outreach – bringing services to you
- Related links
Family Hubs on Suffolk InfoLink
- Service users involved in planning
You are welcome to join our Advisory Board to help shape the future of the service.
- View the latest Ofsted Inspection Report
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Family Hubs are for families with children under five. In Suffolk we have joined up our Children’s Centre’s with our Health Visiting service, as we believe this will provide you with the best care and support. The Hub teams are made up of Health Visitors, Healthy Child Practitioners and Health and Children's Centre Advisors.
We are committed to promoting and providing high quality learning and play opportunities. We believe in valuing and respecting each individual in a welcoming, accessible and inclusive environment. The centre has an equal opportunity policy which is reviewed as a minimum yearly. We offer a range of universal and targeted support and services which are designed to meet the needs of all users.
Where possible, all our group activities are planned to meet individual children’s needs. We work within the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, and will capture evidence of your child’s progress as she/he attends the centre. Play sessions will offer activities which can be arranged to meet the individual needs and requirements of children and adapted sessions to meet individual’s needs. All our toys and equipment are suitable for children aged 0 to 5 years and we have a range of specialist resources, including sensory equipment.
We offer a range of parenting courses to help support parents in supporting their children. Topics covered in the course: strategies around behaviour, setting routines and boundaries and much more. Please see our timetable for a full list of groups and for more information.
How will staff support my child's needs?
Staff are on hand during our activities and can offer help and support as required. One-to-one support is available for families in the home and we will work in partnership with you and other agencies in meeting your families and child’s individual needs. Your child is at the heart of our service, and should you require additional help, we will work with you to help identify any areas of concern, ensuring your child’s wishes and feelings are at the centre of the support. We are trained to use the Common Assessment Framework to ensure that we are able to undertake a good assessment of your child’s needs, recognising and building on their strengths.
Information, advice and guidance is available and we can help to signpost you to other relevant local services and support as required. These can include:
- The Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) which provides information, advice and support to young people and children with SEN or disabilities aged 0-25 and their parents, about education, health and social care
- Suffolk Early Learning Together Service
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Behavioural Support Services
- Specialist Services
When it is time for your child to start attending nursery or school, we can support you the transition period as we know this can be both challenging and an emotional time. Together, we can develop a transition plan which will help ensure that there is a smooth transition for you and your child.
We work closely with other agencies in the community and have good links with Ipswich Opportunity group, which offers families a range of support services and where children with SEN can access play activities.
What arrangements are in place to ensure that we are accessible for children and families with special educational needs and/or disability?
Our Centres are DDA compliant and are fully accessible from all entrances and exits.
Our outdoor play areas have easy access and consist of some concreted areas, softer outdoor flooring and grass. We have covered areas at both sites. We ensure all outside venues are accessible to all our families Within the centres we have accessible toilets with baby change facilities which include emergency alarms. All the rooms have non slip flooring and have a mixture including a carpeted area.
The furniture within both centres is entirely moveable and adaptable allowing us the flexibility of creating and moving spaces if required. All resources and equipment are displayed at child-height, and are fully accessible, allowing children to make independent choices about their play.
What training or experience do the staff supporting children and young people with SEND have?
We are an inclusive setting with staff experienced and trained in early years care and education.
Staff Training undertaken includes:
- ECAT – Every Child a Talker
- Autism Awareness and supporting families
- WelComm – staff are trained to undertake WelComm (Speech & Language) assessments and support parents in helping their child’s language development
- Elklan – training to support staff working with children with speech, language and communication needs
- Build and maintain relationships
- Characteristics of effective learning
- Children, trauma and violence
- Helping parents who misuse substances
- Incredible years 0-5
- Triple P
- Social Pedagogy
- Video Interactive Guidance (VIG)
- Tracey Baldry
- 01473 323870
More like this
Sign in to write a review