We offer full day care, 50 weeks a year. We are situated in spacious premises with rooms for babies up to 2 years, toddlers 2 to 3 years and pre-school aged 3-5 years. We have our own large garden which is home to our guinea pigs and chickens and is where we grow vegetables. We have an experienced and well-qualified staff which includes six graduates. We put the needs of the children first and plan exciting and challenging activities for them based on children's interests and stages of development. We are a very forward-thinking team who are always trying to find ways to develop and improve the service we provide and like to "go the extra mile". We develop good relationships with parents and carers and are supportive and friendly, sharing children's achievements and involving parents and carers in their child's learning. Staff take regular professional development courses including first aid, safeguarding and food safety. We have a qualified Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators (SENCo) as well as those who specialise in working with babies. We have all worked together to learn Makaton Sign Language and taken a course together to enable us to support children's social and emotional development. We have built a very good local reputation with most of our families coming to us by word of mouth. We enjoy being an important part of the local community and can often be seen out and about on local outings to the castle, river, market or library.
Beehive Day Nursery (HS)
Who to contact
- NR35 1DQ
- Parking available
- Parking details
- We have sole use of a large car park
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- We currently have a few vacancies for two year olds To book a place, please phone 01986 896304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - Our building is on the ground floor with no steps. Doorways are wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs. We have an adapted toilet for disabled use.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We welcome families from all sections of the community, all cultures and beliefs.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We can cater for vegetarians, vegans, those with allergies, and other special diets.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Please see our Local Offer which details all that we can offer to children with additional needs.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.00 Birth to 3 - Per hour £45.00 Birth to 3 - Per hour £5.00 3 years plus - Per hour £45.00 3 years plus - per day £3.50 over fives Per hour £30 over fives Per day
- Lunch £2.40 Tea £1 Breakfast 50p Day rates include all meals during term time. Packed lunches during school holidays.
- Accessible parking, Baby facilities, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet dogs, Pet fish, Pet small mammals, Pets, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- School pickups
- St Edmund's Catholic Primary School (Bury St Edmunds)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 8 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 16/09/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 13/05/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 02/06/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
- We offer an inclusive service, welcoming children and families with SEND.
- We have a wealth of experience and the ability to identify children requiring extra help
- We always encourage parents to talk to us and share any concerns they have so that we can put support in place. We have an 'open door' policy so parents do not need to make an appointment
- We have a very strong key person system ensuring both children and parents build close trusting relationships. Each child's key person makes observations and monitors the child's progress
- We work with parents/carers to meet the needs of children with SEND, liaising with other professionals working with the child and sharing information sensitively.
- We have a fully qualified Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) and Deputy SENCo. Between them they have a wealth of experience of working with children with varying needs and abilities.
- We have worked with children with Cerebral Palsy, Down's Syndrome, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Asperger's Syndrome, Global Developmental Delay, hearing impairment and many with speech, language and communication difficulties. We are keen to learn from parents about the needs of their child
- Our premesis are on the ground floor with no steps. All rooms are wheelchair accessible. We have a disabled toilet with nappy changing facilities. Access to the garden is via a slope from the decking.
- A large proportion of staff are trained in Makaton signing and we use this with all children at the nursery
- We have a flexible approach, adapting and evaluating our resources, equipment and provision to meet the needs of all children. We are experienced in differentiating activities to meet everyone's needs
- We have a comprehensive SEND Policy which is shared and reviewed with all staff
- We promote a flexible and gentle settling-in process for new children, encouraging parents/carers to spend time at the nursery, getting to know staff and routines and providing reassurance for the child until they are ready to be left
- Our staff team is well qualified, welcoming and friendly, providing a positive and sensitive approach to the care and education of children with SEND. We make the sharing of information with parents a priority as well as being mindful of confidentiality and GDPR when sharing information with others.
- We are aware that some challenging behaviour may arise from a child's additional needs and will work with parents to provide a consistent and planned approach to behaviour.
- Mary Hickley, Manager and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator
- 01986 896304
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care