Maurice House - Residential Home for Ex Armed Forces
Maurice House is situated outside the coastal town of Broadstairs, Kent and enjoys picturesque coastal views of Joss Bay and the North Foreland lighthouse. Residents can visit the Charles Dickens Museum and Bleak House where he wrote ‘David Copperfield’. Maurice House is close to a range of local shops and tourist areas. Broadstairs railway station is a short distance away, with direct services to London and across the region. Visitors have an extensive choice of local accommodation.
There’s a shared bond at Maurice House because each resident has a Service connection. It means there’s a real team spirit, and a sense that everyone there looks out for each other. The combination of the lovely coastal setting, beautiful gardens and friendly welcome make Maurice House a real home-from-home for all their residents. There are spacious, private rooms, comfortable lounges with sea views, and a conservatory overlooking the gardens. But it’s not just the facilities that make Maurice House feel special. What sets them apart is the extra effort their staff put into ensuring all their residents get the most out of life here. Their dedicated team of care assistants and nurses are proud of the excellent work they do to make Maurice House feel like a really special place.
Activities run seven days a week and include exercise classes, arts and crafts, flower arranging, bingo, film and computer clubs. There are weekly days out, shopping trips and regular visits from musicians. Residents who enjoy gardening can continue their hobby in the greenhouse or by tending the raised flowerbeds. Those who are not able to join the regular shopping trips can make use of a weekly mobile shop and library. A hairdresser also visits the home every week.
Who to contact
- Susan Samuels
- Business manager
Royal British Legion Care Homes-Maurice House
At Maurice House, we share something special Rediscover the unique sense of camaraderie and belonging that you felt as part of the Armed Forces community. Near the coastal town of Broadstairs on the Isle of Thanet in Kent, Maurice House enjoys picturesque views of Joss Bay.Make the most of every day in Maurice House. Relax in your spacious en-suite bedroom, the comfortable lounge areas or in the conservatory overlooking the grounds. Enjoy time with friends and family in the bar, take a stroll in our extensive garden or watch the horses and donkeys in the surrounding fields. Social interaction and community play a big part in the day-to-day life of our home. Our dedicated Wellbeing Team can help you pursue old and new hobbies with our wide range of activities including quizzes, carpet bowls, baking, art, photography club, book club, singing, cocktail making and so much more. We cater to the needs of ex-service members and their families bringing together those who already share a common bond. Whether you’re planning for your own future, or looking on behalf of a loved one, here are a few of the features that make our care home special.
• It’s a community where everyone looks out for each other, designed exclusively for ex-serving personnel and their families • A residents’ representative to help make choices about activities and menus
• We host regular events including Sports Day, club nights in the bar, live entertainment, choir concerts, and enjoy days out including trips to the beach and Ramsgate Royal Harbour
• A dedicated dementia care lodge with a person-centred approach to create a ‘home from home’ experience to enhance quality of life
• Experienced, registered nurses and a team of care assistants who provide 24-hour care and an Occupational Therapist onsite
• Each resident has a personalised care plan as well as an assigned nurse and/or keyworker.
Where to go
- Maurice House
Callis Court Road
- CT10 3AH
- View CT10 3AH on a map
- Area served
- All Suffolk
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Private car park
- Rail and bus service nearby
- Restrictions to access
- No restrictions on visiting within agreed timeframes daily.
- Respite care
- Residential care
- Nursing care
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Separate specialist dementia care unit
- New en-suite rooms with shower facilities
- Bar on premise
- Close to public transport
- Car park
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £1058 Per week
- Cost Details
- We accept residents who may wish to privately fund their stay or local authority placements. Self-Funded Residential Care from £1,058 Self-Funded Nursing Care from £1,514 RESPITE Self-Funded Residential Care from £1,058 RESPITE Self-Funded Nursing Care from £1,514 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Maurice House to find out the exact price for your requirements.) Residential Dementia Care fees are £1,157 per week. Fees are exclusive of hairdresser, chiropody, and incidentals such as newspapers and bar spend.
- Referral required?
- Referral and availability notes
We accept referrals from local authorities or people can contact us directly without a referral and arrange to come and look around Maurice House.
- Age Groups
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Lift
- Accreditation website
- Accreditation details
The Royal British Legion is incorporated by Royal Charter and is a registered charity supporting veterans (registered charity number. 219270)
- Service users involved in planning
Residents' meetings are held regularly with residents and their families.
More like this
Sign in to write a review