Ancient House, Museum of Thetford Life
Thetford's Ancient House has recently benefitted from a £1.6 million renovation, which has gone towards conserving the Grade I listed Tudor merchant's house and creating up-to-date displays.
The atmospheric crooked house tells the remarkable story of Thetford and the Brecks. Discover rich collections alongside audio guides, films and animations.
Meet local people from Thetford's past, from the revolutionary philosopher Thomas Paine to the Sikh hero Maharajah Duleep Singh and from rabbit warreners to railway workers.
Take time out in the re-planted garden and don't miss the brand new museum shop in its oak pavilion. Allow about an hour and a half for a visit.
Who to contact
- Ancient House, Museum of Thetford Life
- Social Media
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Where to go
White Hart Street
- IP24 1AA
- View IP24 1AA on a map
- Area served
- All Suffolk
- Parking details
- Parking is available
- Public transport is available
Days & Times
- April - Sept: Tues to Sat 10am - 5pm. Oct - March: Tues to Sat 10am - 4pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays.
- Time of day
- Cost Details
- Adults: £3.90. Concession: £3.30. Young Person (4-16yrs): £2.20
- Referral required?
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet
More like this
Sign in to write a review