Woolpit Arc is situated in the grounds of Woolpit C P School in a brand new purpose built building. We have our own enclosed outdoor play area, plus we have also access to the school playground and large playing field. We are fortunate to have an experienced staff team either with qualifications in childcare to level 2/3 or working towards a qualification. All staff are encouraged to continue their professional development. At Woolpit Arc we ensure that children have the freedom to explore, discover and investigate using their senses in a stimulating and exciting indoor/ outdoor environment. Staff support children in an activities, which foster the development of an enquiring mind and encourage the development of imagination and sense of wonder about their world. We have close links with Woolpit C P School, which helps the transition for children starting school from Pre School.
Coronavirus information: For Local advice and vaccination centres in Suffolk
Who to contact
- Sara Hursey
- Contact Notes
Sara is usually in the office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday afternoons from 1pm.
- Charity Commissioning Number
- Woopit ARC
Bury St Edmunds
- IP30 9RU
- Parking available
- Parking details
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Woolpit Arc has immediate spaces available in their pre-school at most sessions.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 09.00 - 15:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We provide a range of activities that introduce children to different cultures/faiths, including celebrating festivals, trying different food etc. We have a range of books, puzzles, posters and toys w
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Yes. We have an enrolment form which asks parents for the child's dietry needs/ allergies.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have two named special educational needs co ordinators currently doing the appropriate training. We have had experience of children with speech and language disorders and autistic spectrum.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £12.00 Per session
- 10% reduction for siblings attending the same club/session.
- Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Out-door play, Pet fish, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, TV - DVD
- School pickups
- Woolpit Primary Academy (Bury St Edmunds)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 4 Year(s)
Since the Government announcement to open up schools and Early Years settings to more children, our team have been working hard to achieve this aim as safely as we can. We have now opened since the 1st of June to Pre-school children only. We have prioritised those children of Keyworkers, vulnerable children and children aged 3 to 4 years. The children have been divided into two small groups, the Butterflies and Ladybirds with one member of staff for each group. We have made changes to the environment dividing the room into sections for the two groups to enable the staff to ensure new cleaning procedures can be. carried out throughout the day, and to keep the two groups separate as much as possible. All our staff have completed training re COVID 19. We have a risk assessment, which we will continue to review throughout the pandemic. We are hopeful that we will be able to open up to more children in time.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 25/06/2008 Integrated Good 24/06/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 28/01/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 27/09/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We currently have two named Special educational needs coordinators who have completed the Special educational needs and disabilities training. They currently have joint responsibility for ensuring children with SEND and their parents are supported within the setting. We have a SEND policy which is reviewed annually and sets out how our setting supports children and their families and this is available on our web site. We have had experience of working with children who have speech and Language difficulties, autism, global delay and sensory perception disorder (SPD). We have a good working relationship with the Reception class teacher at Woolpit school, which ensures that the transition to school is made easier for all our children.
- Jackie Grant
- 01359 245868
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
- Child care