Martlesham Playschool has been around for over 30 years, and you can find us in a brightly coloured building at the end of Deben Ave, Martlesham. We have a wonderful, large, bright and inviting playroom where we have easily accessible toys, games and activities. There is a quiet/book area with a good selection of books, or bean bags to relax on. Off the main room we have the lobby, office, kitchen & toilets. From the main room there is also access to a safe and secure outside area which is part canopied. We have a grass area as well as the patio area for all sorts of outside activities and gardening. We have a snack time during each session where we offer a healthy snack and drinks. At the end of each term we organise an end of term party. We are able to take the children out on a woodland walk, or trip to the post office or the bakers shop. We also organise other visits further afield, ie. Jimmy’s Farm, Baylham Rare Breeds, Easton Farm Park, Play2Day, Rendlesham Forest or time at the beach. The playschool is run by a voluntary committee which employs the staff and is responsible for the business side of the playschool. We have a play manager, a deputy play manager and 6 play assistants, with 5 members of staff on duty during each session. Parents, relatives, childminders or carers are also asked to join the parent rota, and we hold parent information evenings. Our fund-raising team organises many events throughout the year, eg. Our successful fun day, pamper evenings, and getting the children to create calendars, tile handprints, place mats for sale. We are a very friendly, happy playschool! Inclusion policy: We have multicultural posters, pictures & dual lanaguage notices. We have multicultural dolls, books, dressing-up outfits & puppets.We find out from parents any dietary requirements before their child starts.
Who to contact
- IP5 3QR
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- On road parking, plus car park along pathway
- Route 66 serves the area
- Restrictions to access
- No parking in school car park
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Martlesham Playschool for vacancy information. Vacancies from September 2018 - Friday morning spaces, only 1or2 spaces Weds & Thurs mornings. Afternoons - spaces any afternoon except Tuesdays.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 15:00
Monday to Friday PM: 15.00 - 15.20
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Before a child starts we find out from parents their child's dietary needs, including allergies.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Recently we have not had any children attending who have additional requirements. In the past our staff have cared for children with Downs Syndrome and Autism. Our play leaders are the SEN Co-ordinators.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £14.30 Per session £3.00 After School Session (per day) £5.00 Lunch Club - Per day
- We are now open 50 weeks a year. Spread your funding over the year, or pay the session fee for any extra sessions booked. Holiday fun geared towards 2-5 year olds only. You can tag a lunch club session (from 12noon to 1pm) onto a morning session if you'd like your child to enjoy their lunch with their friends. Cost is £5 per lunch club. Late stay club is available from 3.00pm to 3.20pm at a cost of £3 per stay. If your child is coming in for an afternoon session they can bring their packed lunch.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
We accept children onto our waiting list from all areas, whether within our "catchment" are or further afield. Spaces from Sept 2018 - Friday AM, only 1or2 spaces on Weds & Thurs AMs. Afternoons - spaces except Tuesday. Tag a lunch club onto a morning session for an hour.
We are offering the 30 hours funded sessions. The full 30 hours can be taken with us at Martlesham Playschool, or you could split them with our Kesgrave Playschool at the Millennium Jubilee Hall, Kesgrave.
We welcome you for a visit, just give us a call to arrange a suitable time - 01473 625986.
OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND - Call us now ! We are open all year round as we know that there are many families who would like more flexible childcare sessions to fit in with working arrangements. Sessions during the school holidays are 9-12 and 12-3. You could book the morning session and also tag lunch club from 12-1. £14.30 for a 3 hour session and £5 for the lunch club. All day sessions 9-3 = £28.60. Spaces available for summer holidays 2018.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 21/09/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 16/06/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 18/06/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We provide an environment in which all children are supported to reach their full potential. We have regard for the DfES Special Educational Needs Code of Practice 2001 and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (Equality Act 2010). We include all children who attend the setting in our provision. We provide practitioners to help support children with special educational needs/disabilities. We identify the specific needs of children with SEN/disabilities & meet those needs through using a range of strategies. We work in partnership with parents & other agencies in meeting individual children's needs. We monitor & review our practice & provision and if necessary make adjustments. The name of our SENCO is Carmen Crane & she has completed the Suffolk Accredited SENCo training.
- Carmen Crane
- 01473 625986
Martlesham & Kesgrave Playschools
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care