Grants to purchase daily living equipment and to provide support for people facing illness or disabilities in Suffolk who are unable to afford the costs themselves.
All applications to be submitted by the beneficiary’s Registered Health Professional (i.e. Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Health Visitor).
The following are examples of the types of requests that would be considered for full or part-funding;
- Domestic appliances where a need arises through illness or disability.
- Mobility aids such as scooters and riser chairs.
- Heating costs where the need arises specifically from illness or disability.
- Bedding including protective covers and special mattresses.
- Clothing required following illness or surgery.
- Travel costs for hospital appointments or visits.
- Specialised equipment to aid independence and well being.
- Special software to aid access to PCs and laptops.
- Respite care support in exceptional circumstances.
In some instances a charity can apply if they are providing services to the beneficiary.