The Children at the pre-school have access to a wide variety of equipment and resources that promote all areas of learning and development including a fully equipped play area and a woodland area with a large log cabin for woodland activities. We had a fantastic Ofsted report, which was conducted in November 2019
Coronavirus information: For Local advice and vaccination centres in Suffolk
Botesdale And Rickinghall Pre-school
Who to contact
- Karen Hails
- IP22 1BZ
- 07796014304 during pre-school hours
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
- Charity Commissioning Number
- Botesdale Village Hall
- IP22 1BZ
- Parking available
Main Bus Route to and from Diss - Bury St Edmunds, which stops between local Villages.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- 30 Hours Partner Summary
- We work closely with local childminders whom funding is shared -Megan Hails 07798586343 and orchid childcare
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Botesdale and Rickinghall Pre-School for vacancy information.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 09:05 - 15:15
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We are fully inclusive and can cater for all different cultures, we work closely with our parents to ensure that all cultural needs are met including celebrations, cultural dietary needs. and aim to overcome language barriers with help from visual time tables, photographs and parents/carers.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Additional or alternative food is brought in by the parents or can be provided.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Highly Trained Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator on premises who has completed level 3 SEN Modules & a deputy.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.20 2 years - per day £4.10 3 years plus - Per hour
- We offer different session times through out the day the minimum is 2.5 hours and the maximum is 6.30hours. We offer Early Education funding for Eligible 2,3 and 4 year old children universal hours of 15 and extended hours up to 30. funding is for 38 weeks a year and pre-school runs for 39 weeks a year so bank holidays and pd days are included in your funding rates and you will not be entitled to a re- fund Trips are organised during the year which you will have to pay extra but you will get a choice whether you would like your child to take part or not.
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Allotment, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Forest school, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
We work closely with local childminders and Botesdale breakfast/after school club to help parents with wrap around care.
We have a fantastic transition with St Botolphs primary school with weekly visit before the children start
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 24/01/2006 Integrated Good 11/02/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 26/11/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 18/06/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Botesdale and Rickinghall Pre-school are committed to meeting the needs of all children in our care, we provide an environment in which all children with special educational needs (SEN) are supported to reach their full potential.We ensure our provision is inclusive to all children with special educational needs.We identify the specific needs of children with special educational needs and meet those needs through a range of SEN strategies. We have a number of staff members who have been at the setting for a very long time and so have lots of experience with working with children with different SEN needs. We have a very experienced SENCO (18 years at the setting) and Deputy SENCO who make sure all staff understand each child's individual needs and work closely with the child's family and their key person, they will also identify if any additional training is needed for children with SEND.
We work in partnership with parents and work in collaboration with the local authority and outside professional's,we will offer support to parents if they need help filling out various forms for example an EHC and we will also offer to accompany them to appointment's to see outside professionals and also offer transport if needed.
We have a very strong link with the catchment primary school where we take the children for regular visits to help them have a smooth transition into school, we also have transition meetings where we invite parents, reception class teachers and outside professional's to make sure all the needs of an individual child will still be meet once they have moved on.
- Child care