The Archaeological Service is the main provider of archaeological conservation, recording and advice services in Suffolk.
In order to promote the conservation, enhancement and understanding of Suffolk's distinctive historic environment, we:
- maintain a record of archaeology and heritage assets, the Historic Environment Record
- provideadvice to planners, developers and farmers
- identify and record findsmade by members of the public
- curate an archive for fieldwork projects carried out in the county
- publishthe results of fieldwork and other research into Suffolk's past