The setting has three nursery rooms, Babies, Toddlers and Pre-school. The 0-2's have their own safe enclosed garden with access straight from the classroom while the 2-3 year olds share the large garden space with our pre-school room room which can be accessed through both classrooms. The enclosed garden has a mixture of surfaces, grass, NOMOW and black rubber safety surface. The staff regularly attend training on topics linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum to help maintain and constantly improve the setting and the outcomes for children. One member of staff has the Early Years Professional status qualification. The setting offers good links and communication with parents and offers parents evenings during the year to discuss development with your child's key person. The setting has a qualified cook who prepares nutritious meals and snacks. Meals and snacks are provided free of charge with the exception of children receiving 3 and 4 year old funding, there is an option to provide a packed lunch from home as an alternative to the charges. We work closely with early years professionals, teachers and Ofsted, and encourage learning through play.
Coronavirus information: For Local advice and vaccination centres in Suffolk
Grange Farm Day Nursery
Who to contact
- Rhymes Nursery
Twelve Acre Approach
- IP5 1JF
- Parking available
- Route 66 bus stops outside every 20-30 minutes
Route 66 bus service stops outside nursery
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Rhymes Nursery have limited spaces available. Please contact to discuss.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their setting.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Staff have accessed courses relating to English as an additional language
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We cater for all needs and requirements. Each child has their own individual placemat with their dietary requirements written on it. Our cook has had additional training on allergy awareness, Allergens in food are displayed clearly in the nursery. The allergy folder is available on request.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Staff have previously cared for children at the nursery who have had additional needs including, behaviour and Autistic spectrum disorders. We have a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- * Up to 8% discount for family attending 3 days or more per week. * Prices vary according to age. Please contact the setting for further information.
- Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Out-door play, Pet fish, Pet small mammals, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Soft play area, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- School pickups
- Heath Primary School (Kesgrave)
- Further information about pick-ups
- Lunch time drop offs and pick ups may be available on request but there are limited spaces.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 01/11/2005 Integrated Good 10/11/2008 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 05/04/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 13/10/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Rhymes Nursery kesgrave has a trained SENCO on site. The nursery is accessable for wheelchairs and benefits from being on one level. Staff have had experience looking after children with challenging behaviour, speech and langauge and children on the autistic spectrum, . We have links with early years professionals and health professionals, Staff have attended TAC meetings, transition meetings and completing IEP's.
Staff have attended training with regards to Makaton, Positive behaviour and supporting children with english as an additional language. In house training was provided to use observations for effective next step planning for all children. Staff will be attending training for Listening, understanding and speaking.
- Kathryn Stark / Katherine King
- 01473 631711
- Child care