Held at the village hall in Hitcham. We offer quality care and education for children below statutory school age. Working in partnership with parents, keeping them informed, consulted, involved and included at all levels, to help children learn and develop. Offering a service that promotes equality and values diversity. A place where parents and children are respected and valued. We offer two indoor rooms and a free flow outdoor area. We have the use of a large playground, attached to the setting and also the beautiful coutryside, where we can go for long nature walks to the woods and dribed river.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Honey Bees Nursery
Who to contact
- Sharon Scarfe
1 Bush Farm Cottages
- IP7 7BL
01449 740764 (morns) 01449 740581 (answerphone)
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
- Contact Notes
As we run from a Village hall, with no post box, all correspondence is directed to the Owner/Managers address.
- Hitcham Village Hall
- IP7 7NE
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Large Car Park connected to Village Hall
- A local bus runs from other surrounding villages
Spacious hall, with 2 rooms and an enclosed outdoor area. We also have use of a big playing field and a well equipped park adjacent to the setting.
Beautiful countryside to go for long nature walks. Local church and shop to walk to and visit.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Honey Bees Nursery has places available at all sessions at present for non-funded and funded children, including those claiming the 30hr entitlement.
Days & times
Monday: 08.00 - 15:15
Tuesday: 08:00 - 13:15
Wednesday: 08.00 - 15:15
Thursday: 08.00 - 13:15
Friday: 08.00 - 15:15
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises and to the outdoor play area.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Multi Cultural Toys, Posters, Books, Celebrations.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Will always provide for all dietary requirements or allergies.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Training and Guidance will be sort if required to ensure children get the support needed, with equipment and staffing arranged to accommodate any child with additional needs.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 9.00 Morning Session £3.00 Lunch Club - Per day £18.00 Per day £3.00 Extended hour
- Early drop off available from 7.45a.m
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Forest school, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, Swings, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
At Honey Bee's Nursery we ensure that all parents and children are catered for. High adult:child ratio enables us to give generous care and attention to all children, with extra staff on site if needed to accommodate any child's needs. We provide a safe and stimulating environment where parents and children are respected and valued. Each child is helped to take forward his/her learning and development by being helped to build on what he/she already knows and with the help of a personal key person ensuring that each child makes satisfying progress.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 22/06/2007 Integrated Good 31/01/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 25/11/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 17/05/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
At Honey Bee's Nursery we are committed to providing high quality care and education, in an environment in which all children, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) are supported to reach their full potential. Adapting the environment and providing additional equipement where necessary, working alongside parents and other agencies to ensure all children with SEND can participate in all acitivies.
We have regard to the Dept for Education (DfE) SEND Code of Practice 2014
We have 3 designated SEND officers, with staff Makaton and PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) trained. We have also undertaken any necessary training skills for medical conditons relating to any child that needs extra care.
We have full wheelchair access throughout the indoor and outdoor areas.
If you wish to speak to us about any specific SEND issues, please do not hesitate to contact Sharon or you are most welcome to come along for a visit.
- Sharon Scarfe
- 01449 740764 (morns) or 07947621122
Honey Bee's Nursery
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care