I have been childminding since September 1999 and absolutely love it! I live with my husband and youngest son (now in his 20s) with our little cockapoo, in a detached bungalow, on a quiet road in Kesgrave. I offer a range of activities for children, both inside and outdoors, including role-play, stories, music and dance, arts and crafts, gardening, cooking, woodland walks and outings, including feeding the ducks, visits to the beach, crabbing and swimming. My home has a dedicated playroom and a large enclosed rear garden, with a variety of equipment, including climbing frame, swing, slides, sandpit, mud kitchen, fairy garden and ride on toys for all ages. I live very close to Gorseland school at Martlesham and have easy access to the local library, shops, community centre, play areas, toddler groups, playschools and bus route. In October 2014, after 6 years of part-time studying, I was delighted to graduate from the University Campus Suffolk, Ipswich with a BA(Hons) in Early Learning. My own parental experience is with my own 2 sons and I have grandparent experience too, as I also have 2 grandsons. During my time as a parent I enjoyed helping with Beaver Cubs, football, playgroup and at primary school. I love my family and love my job!
Who to contact
- Julie-Ann Bass
- Parking available
Bus Route 66 service. I am also close to the Martlesham Park and Ride service.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Julie-Ann may have spaces on certain weekdays - pending on days and times required - please contact to check availability.
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I work in partnership with parents to confirm and understand any dietary needs required.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - I operate a special needs policy. All children have access to the full range of toys and equipment available.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet dogs, Pet fish, Pets, Playroom, Sleeping area, Slide, Swings, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- School pickups
- Gorseland Primary School (Ipswich)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 6 month(s)
- To 14 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 05/07/2007 Care Outstanding 01/02/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 24/11/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 14/10/2021 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
I have some experience of supporting children with hyper-mobility, autism, ADHD, delayed speech and visual impairment. I work with parents and children to ensure the activities I offer are suitable for each individual child. I also act on advice received from health visitors, speech therapists and other professionals, in order to support the children's learning and development. I work closely with the parents of the children in my care to observe and assess children on an ongoing basis to ensure that any concerns are raised and identified, ensuring that appropriate support is in place for each child's needs.
I am happy to take advice where needed on measures to adapt my setting to accommodate SEN where possible.
- Julie-Ann Bass
More like this
Sign in to write a review