Do you need extra support during a power cut or do you know someone else that would need extra support? If so, sign up to our free register. If you live in London, the East or South East of England, then being on our Priority Services Register will ensure you will receive extra support if you experience a power cut.
What help should I expect to get during a power cut?
- A priority number that you can call 24 hours a day
- A dedicated team who will contact you to keep you updated during a power cut
- We can put you in touch with an expert who can offer you advice on energy bills and energy saving tips if this is important to you
- Tailored support if needed such as home visits, hot meals, advice and keeping your friends and relatives updated
- In certain scenarios we may also offer a free hotel overnight and transport to the hotel
Who can receive extra support?
- If you rely on medical equipment
- If you have refrigerated medicines
- If you have a serious or chronic illness
- If you have a disability
- If you or someone you care for is living with dementia
- If you are of pensionable age
- If you have children under five in your household
- If you need extra support for a short time period (e.g. If you are recovering from medical treatment)
You can also register for text messages during a power cut: If your power’s off, we can keep you updated with text messages. These will let you know how our repair works are going, and give you an estimated time that your power will be switched back on.