Great Barton Pathways Preschool
We are set in the centre of a small village in a rural setting with an amazing outdoor space. This is divided into a climbing area consisting of two climbing structures for various ages a roadway for bikes and ride on cars, a garden area, a mud kitchen and much more. The learning provided indoors is reflected outdoors. Children enjoy our outdoor space where they can see the tractors in the farmers field and observing the varied wildlife. The staff are all well qualified in Childcare and First Aid and have lots of knowledge and experience from working with children over many years. We are led by the children's interests and developments to structure our days at Pathways. We like to work closely with our parents developing a good relationship supporting them and their children while at our setting. We are Ofsted registered with consistently good as our outcome.
Who to contact
- Great Barton Pathways
- Social Media
Find us on Facebook
- Charity Commissioning Number
Bury St. Edmunds
- IP31 2RJ
- View IP31 2RJ on a map
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
Village bus service
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Great Barton Pathways to discuss availability.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 17:30
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Our food/menu is adapted to suit all.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Staff trained to SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator) standard, training for speech, careplans and other SEN requirements.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.00 Lunch Club - Per day £10.00 Per session
- Pre funded sessions are £5.00
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Slide, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Vegetable patch
- School pickups
- Great Barton Church of England Primary Academy (Bury St Edmunds)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 3 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
- Age Groups
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 04/03/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 18/02/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 02/05/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 20/04/2023 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Our service is available to all service users and we seek to adapt the setting as requires to include everyone. Staff are trained in Allergy awareness and Have epi -Pen training, as well as manual handling and behaviour management. We also have some training in Makaton which we can develop when required
More like this
Sign in to write a review
Amazing!! Rated 5 out of 5
My son loves coming to Pathways, the staff are so welcoming and friendly and will go above and beyond to make sure my son is happy. it is the first setting hes ever been left and the staff gave a lot of support to me and my son to make it as easy as possible. They have supported me as well as my son and always welcome us with smiling faces!
Review submitted on 30/01/2023