We are a thriving village pre-school, with connections to all local schools. Our staff are trained and experienced, covering all children’s needs. The children at pre school form close relationships with the staff and other children in the setting. We take walks around the village and involve our children in lots of activities such as cooking, messy play, building, mark making, social interaction, puzzles, bikes, outside exploration, festivals and religions. Child initiated play, we set a back ground topic and introduce it to the children and follow their lead. Through questionnaires our parents have said that they and their children feel valued and respected by the staff and that their children are happy and thriving.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Wenhaston Acorns Pre-School
Who to contact
- Molly England
- Wenhaston Acorns Pre School
- IP19 9EP
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Parking details
- We have amble parking available.
- Restrictions to access
- There are no restrictions to access
There is a bus service that runs through the village at two stops.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Molly England at Wenhaston Acorns Pre-School for current vacancy information.
Days & times
Monday: 08:40 - 15:00
Tuesday: 08:40 - 15:00
Wednesday: 08:40 - 12:00
Thursday: 08:40 - 12:00
Friday: 08:40 - 15:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has ramp access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We gather information from parents/carers regarding dietary needs to ensure that they are met when the child is in attendance at the setting.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have recent experience of caring for children with Autism, speech and communication difficulties .
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 14.00 Morning Session 12.00 Afternoon Session 26.00 Per day 4.00 Per hour
- School dinner is available at £2.30
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, Swimming pool, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 4 Year(s) 11 month(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 15/04/2008 Integrated Good 10/05/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 06/01/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Inadequate 13/06/2016 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 15/05/2017 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We have a fully trained SENCO (special education needs coordinator)at Wenhaston Acorns whom is familiar with the SEND code of practice, monitors records, and ensures they are kept upto date regarding information about your childs learning and progress. Our SENCO establishes and maintains positive relastionships with our parents, informing of any progress, ensuring the preschool staff are familiar with the SEND policy and that it is reviewed annually
Every child is different. We take into consideration your childs progress and plan and support the child at their own pace. We use the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum asa guide for a childs development. The preschools SENCO helps children whom need extra support. They will provide each child's key person with support and activities for your child to learn within the area of need. Progress will be evidence in your childs learning journey and Individula Education Plans (IEP), will be written to support learning in the pre school and in the home
There is support avaialble in many different ways for pre school children with SEND, we offer childcare, pre school and early years support for children with serve or complex needs, working along side Suffolk Parent Partnership SENDIASS and sure start.
- Molly England
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care