I am a registered childminder who has extensive experience of working with children of all ages. I have three sons aged eleven, seventeen and twenty four, two of which live at home. I am a qualified Psychology teacher and have worked with children who have Autism, Aspergers, ADHD, ODD and OCD as well as specific learning difficulties such as, Dyslexia. I offer a warm, friendly family environment for children of all ages to play and learn. I have a fully enclosed garden and a large space for play indoors. My house is adapted for wheelchair access and I have full washing facilities downstairs and upstairs. I have a wide range of toys and books for all ages and embrace cultural diversity in my play equipment. I plan my day to include: indoor and outdoor play; arts and crafts; rhythm and rhyme; as well as cooking and quiet reading time. I value the importance of active learning and observe children as they play to plan future activities to promote development, in line with the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ framework. I provide home cooked meals and healthy snacks, catering for dietary needs. I am a member of The Ipswich North Childminding Association. I have developed a set of policies and procedures for my setting and references are available on request. I am fully committed to offering a safe and stimulating setting to all children with a diverse range of needs and will work closely with parents to ensure that I provide an excellent childminding service. Please contact me for a chat, if you wish to consider me for the care of your child.
Miss Teresa Regent (Doodle Dots)
Who to contact
- IP1 5NL
- Venue Notes
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
- Contact Notes
I also have a profile on childcare.co.uk or find me on facebook/ messenger Terri Regent.
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Cars are able to park on the grass verge outside the setting.
- The number 8 bus stops on my road a few doors down from my house.
- Beccy Jay
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- 30 Hours Partner Summary
- Sunbeam Pre school, Whitehouse nursery, Springfield nursery
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Teresa has funded places available for eligible 2, 3 and 4 yr olds within school hours Limited after school spaces
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 8 - 6
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - My setting has a range of puzzles, books and toys that embrace our multi-cultural society in a positive way. I have experience of working with children from a diverse cultural background.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I am willing to discuss individual dietary needs with parents and incorporate these into my setting.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - I have had previous experience of working with children with a range of additional needs.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.00 Per hour
- £4.00 per hour between 8am and 6pm. £5.00 per hour before 8am and after 6pm.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, Out-door play, Pet cats, Pet small mammals, Pets, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- School pickups
Springfield Infant and Nursery School (Ipswich)
Springfield Junior School (Ipswich)
Whitehouse CP School (Ipswich)
- Further information about pick-ups
- Sunbeam Pre-school Highfield Nursery
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 16 Year(s)
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11)
I offer flexible contracts and work very hard to meet the requirements of parents in terms of hours/days needed (within my ratios)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 07/04/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 06/11/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 28/09/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
At Doodle Dots we welcome all children from a diverse range of backgrounds and abilities. Our aim is to offer a flexible, affordable and accessible service to as many children as possible.
I have attended training courses in the following: Autism awareness, equality & diversity, managing children with SEN, behaviour management, SENCO training, specific educational needs & supporting communication.
I have worked in schools as a SENCO, have a degree in psychology and have worked with children with complex social, emotional, mental and behavioural issues.
Our setting is adapted for wheelchair access and has full wash facilities on both floors.
I work with an assistant who has experience of challenging behaviour and has worked one to one with a child on the autistic spectrum.
- 01473 399549
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care