I have been a childminder for 26yrs. I provide a warm caring and family environment which I hope makes the children in my care feel at home. I have a variety of toys and equipment for all ages which include outside play, i.e. slide, trampoline, bikes, cars sand and water play. We have art and craft activities which the children love to show to their parents at the end of the day. I enjoy taking the children out to the local parks, beach, farms, library and museum. We also attend children groups.
Who to contact
- Sandra Medd
- IP4 5JX
- Venue Notes
- Parking available
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Maximum places
- Other information
- Sandra does have part time vacancies available
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - Open plan rooms and downstairs toilet.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - I would comply with any parents wishes.and provide activities through play books crafts and cooking
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I would comply with any parents wishes.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - I have looked after children with aspergers , ADHD & a child with physical disabilities.
- Siblings reduction
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Close to parks, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Sensory play equipment, Slide, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Trampoline
- School pickups
- Britannia Primary School (Ipswich)
- Further information about pick-ups
- ABC Playgroup, Britannia Nursery
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 11 Year(s)
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 29/06/2007 Childcare Inspection Good 09/02/2011 EYR Inspection Good 03/08/2015 EYR Inspection Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
I would accept all children with special needs and provide additional support where necessary. I would give opportunities for all children to participate in activities, play opportunities and to be an equal and valued part in the setting. Should I have a child with SEND. I would refer to the code of practice in order to Assess, plan, do and review. I would work in partnership with parents and with their permission consider involving specialists to support their child where needed.
- Sandra Medd
- 01473 719573
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care