My name is Pat and I have been a registered childminder for 26 years. The children I mind are very happy and keen to come into my care. I provide a safe, stimulating and caring environment giving the children opportunities for learning and play. I am fortunate that although I live in a town I can offer the children in my care full access to a rural environment, through the allotments adjoining the rear of my setting. They have the opportunity to grow organic fruit and vegetables from seed and continue the experience all the way through to the plate. I also keep chickens. The children are encouraged to participate in the caring and feeding of the animals, which offers them a truly unique and life-enriching environment. I also offer the children a full range of activities which stem from local toddler groups, library visits, local rural walks, park (term time) and in the school holidays further a field to Walberswick crabbing, Nacton Shores, Old Clacton, Bury Gardens and local farms. I am currently implementing the EYFS in my setting and can provide excellent references. I have completed a baby signing course. I believe in working very closely with mums and dads, liasing in every way to provide home from home care. I provide home cooked meals and snacks and take great care over all dietary requirements. If you would like a chat about my childminding business please feel free to contact me.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Patricia Hyam - First Steps
Who to contact
- Patricia Hyam
- Ofsted Registered Childcare Provider
Ashcroft Road (off Norwich Road)
- IP1 6AE
- Contact Notes
Accessible by bus routes.
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Restrictions to access
Norwich Road bus routes to town centre. People carrier with clean driving license.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact me for more information
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08.00 - 18:00
Monday to Friday: Yes - Yes
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £45.00 Per day
- My daily childcare costs include nappies, wipes, snacks and drinks . A packed lunch is required to be supplied by parents/guardians. I encourage families to have their children at home (where possible) to have their dinner to promote the value of. sitting down and having quality family time .
- Climbing frame, Out-door play, Pets, Sleeping area, TV - DVD
- School pickups
Claydon High School (Ipswich)
Ipswich School & Pre Prep (Ipswich)
Bramford CEVCP School (Bramford)
Claydon Primary School (Ipswich)
- Further information about pick-ups
- Will pick up from various playgroups and nurseries . Main pick up from Bramford School and Ipswich School.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 2 month(s)
- To 11 Year(s)
NVQ Level 3 and NVQ Level 3 in playwork
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 05/09/2006 Care Good 12/05/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 01/03/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 18/07/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Child care