Parham Memorial Airfield Museum
The Museum is 40 years old this year- 1981 to 2021.
Parham Airfield Museum comprises the 390th Bombardment Group Memorial Air Museum and the Museum of the British Resistance Organisation, operating under one Management Committee. We are a charity and depend on volunteer support & donations to help with necessary maintenance and ensure continued preservation of the buildings and its contents.
Inside the 390th part of the museum exhibits include a unique and rare collection of recovered Second World War aircraft engines, parts of Allied and German aircraft, uniforms, numerous photographs, documents, combat records, paintings and memorabilia relevant to the U.S 8th Air Force, the Royal Air Force and the German Luftwaffe of the Second World War. The British Resistance aspect has a range of memorabilia and equipment to tell the story of the secret plans to fight from behind the lines had the Nazis invaded Britain. There is also a replica underground base.
New for 2021 - we have a new Exhibition Hall for our British Resistance artefacts and other displays.
Who to contact
Where to go
- IP13 9AF
- View IP13 9AF on a map
- Area served
- East Suffolk, Framlingham, Woodbridge
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Free parking on site
- Restrictions to access
- Wheelchair access to the entire ground floor, cafe and replica base but no lift to first and second floor of control tower.
Days & Times
- Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday, from 1st Sunday in April to last Sunday in October from 1100 - 1700hrs. Wednesday during June, July & August from 1100 - 1600 hrs
- Cost Details
- Admission Free
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, 16-25 years, Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Adapted Toilet
- Accreditation details
- Registered Museum 2002, member of Association of Independent Museums.
Limited research on can be carried out on request and our archives can be studied via private arrangement. We can open on closure days, by special arrangement, for school parties, interested groups groups and the families of veterans.
- Service users involved in planning
Regular feedback sought via a visitor book, questionaires and Trip Advisor.
More like this
Sign in to write a review