Suffolk User Forum
We are an independent mental health user led, involvement, peer support and advocacy organisation.
- Listening and giving people a voice by opening up conversations about mental health and emotional wellbeing, is at the heart of our organisation.
- We do this by gathering peoples stories and providing a platform so their stories can be heard.
- We believe that peoples individual stories empower service user leadership which is essential to improve services and to make a difference to the experience of others.
- We report peoples’ experiences in our publication ‘Making Our Voice Count’ which is presented to strategic leaders, mental health providers and the Care Quality Commission, informing decision making.
- We work to ensure mental health care, suicide prevention and wellbeing support is accessible, high quality, supportive, compassionate, and fair. Built on listening to and understanding the lived experience, addressing health, discrimination, and social inequalities.
- By promoting and enabling meaningful involvement and coproduction between service users, family carers, commissioners, and providers, together we continue to make positive change happen.
- We provide inpatient mental health advocacy and peer support to people living with severe mental illness (e.g. bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and psychoses).
Who to contact
Where to go
- Suffolk User Forum
The New Hollies
Unit 3, Grange Business Centre
Tommy Flowers Drive, Kesgrave
- IP5 2BY
- View IP5 2BY on a map
- Area served
- All Suffolk
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- There is plenty of parking outside the office.
- Our office at Kesgrave is easily accessible by public transport. The Route 66 bus runs frequently from Ipswich Train Station, through the town centre, to Kesgrave with the nearest stop at Ropes Drive.
- Restrictions to access
- The office is fully accessible with a disabled toilet.
Please note that our office is not staffed all the time, so we ask that visitors phone to book an appointment if they wish to visit us.
Days & Times
- Please phone 01473 907087 e-mail email@example.com
- Age Groups
- Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Telephone Typewriter, Adapted Toilet, Audio Loop
- Accreditation details
Suffolk User Forum is a Registered Charity No 1133457 and company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales. No: 06946785. Registered office: Suffolk House St Clements Hospital, Foxhall Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP3 8LS.
- Service users involved in planning
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Inpatient mental health advocacy to people who are inpatients on acute wards at Woodlands and Wedgwood House, or at Foxhall House Secure Unit.
- James Woolnough
- 01473 907087
- Conditions Supported
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review