The Newmarket Dementia Action Alliance (NDAA) is a community movement with one simple aim; to bring about a community wide response to dementia in Newmarket and surrounding area.
It is a group of local organisations, businesses and individuals who are committed to enabling people to live well with dementia by taking action to contribute towards the development of a Dementia Friendly Community.
The NDAA is the shared and equal responsibility of all member organisations and the group encourages and welcomes new members to join and be a part of the alliance.
The NDAA will:
- Work together to support Newmarket and surrounding area to become a more dementia friendly place to live in.
- Encourage businesses and organisations to adopt membership of the NDAA.
- Create a group action plan that works towards being recognised as a Dementia Friendly Community
- Support and develop awareness within Newmarket and surrounding area.
- Ensure that people living with dementia and their carers are consulted, and have the opportunity to be involved with the NDAA.
- Encourage other local organisations to join the NDAA.
- Encourage the growth of Dementia Friends across Newmarket and surrounding area.
- Direct, co-ordinate and where appropriate carry out NDAA Action Plan tasks.
- Attend Steering Group meetings when available to do so.
- Update the group about progress within our own organisations.
- Fulfil membership requirements of the NDAA by providing regular quarterly status and progress updates.