The Jarman Centre is a very special place for Rainbows, Brownies and Guides. Set in eighteen acres of private woodland on the edge of Newmarket, it is also used by scouting, schools, other youth and community groups, local families, and as a training venue for local companies.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Jarman Centre
119 Duchess Drive
- CB8 9HB
- Area served
- All Suffolk
- Parking available
- Parking details
- There is parking available for approximately 35 vehicles
- Restrictions to access
- The ground floor of the house and the front part of the estate are accessible to all. There is only stair access to the Loft. There is a rough track to the campsites, but no vehicle access beyond the car park.
Days & Times
- The Centre may be booked throughout the year. There are availability calendars on the website and an enquiry form to request further information or a booking
- Time of day
- Session Information
- Cost Details
- Please see https://jarmancentre.org.uk/fees
- Referral required?
- Age Groups
- 16-25 years, Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet
- Accreditation website
- Accreditation details
- The Jarman Centre is owned by Girlguiding Cambridgeshire East, registered charity no 300716
The Jarman Centre is a self-catering centre available to groups of all ages, full details of our facilities are on our website: https://jarmancentre.org.uk
- Service users involved in planning
- Last Updated
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We offer a venue that is suitable for people with SEND as well as able-bodied people. The Centre is completely self-catering and we have no staff on duty while users are there so the groups using the Centre need to provide their own staff and support teams. The ground floor of the house has level access.
- The Special Needs Adviser for Girlguiding Cambridgeshire East may be contacted via the County Office.
- 01223 813917 (Girlguiding Cambridgeshire East County office, staffed part-time)
Girlduiding Cambridgeshire East
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions