Willow Park is set within the grounds of Greshams Sport and Social Club on the outskirts of Ipswich. Surrounded by countryside, it is an ideal environment within which children can explore, play and learn. You may even see the odd duck, fox, mole or deer roaming around the vast site of the club! The building has been designed specifically to meet the requirements of an active nursery; with safe large light rooms with integral child-sized toilet facilities/ each room opens onto the garden enabling classroom activities to extend into the outside environment. Our team is made up of dedicated Montessori teachers and qualified nursery practitioners, all of whom work hard to give your child the very best of care during their time with us. We continually strive to look at the needs of our staff, providing relevant training both on site and at outside facilities. Together we plan the nursery curriculum, focusing on the needs of the individual children in our classes, giving them care and meeting their specific learning needs. We hope that you enjoy reading our brochure and look forward to meeting you in the future when we can answer any more detailed questions about the day-to-day running or teaching philosophies adopted at Willow Park. Please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a visit or to talk to any of our staff.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Willow Park Montessori Day Nursery
Who to contact
- IP4 3QJ
- Parking available
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Willow Park Montessori Day Nursery has limited availability at present throughout the nursery.
Days & times
Monday: 08:00 - 18:00
Tuesday: 08:00 - 18:00
Wednesday: 08:00 - 18:00
Thursday: 08:00 - 18:00
Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We cater for any individual dietary needs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We look at all children individually and assess needs as required.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £56.00 3 years plus - per day £59.00 2 years - per day £63.00 Birth to 1yr - Per day
- * 10% discount for siblings
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, MEAB accredited montessori school, Out-door play, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 2 month(s)
- To 3 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Our Setting is an inclusive setting that accepts all families and works with each family and child as individuals. We have a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) who keeps up to date with all changes and informs all staff of the relevant changes.
In the past we have used the services of a hearing aid advisor in order to meet the needs of a child wearing aids.
We have experience of working together with speech therapists to assist children with their language development.
We have previously sought advice from Educational Psychologists to establish a diagnosis relating to behaviour. This led to an increased level of understanding and knowledge within our team which enabled us to offer additional support to the parents as well as the children concerned. Following an independent visit to the Occupational Therapist a Sensory diet was introduced in additon to the child attending therapy sessions.
We accessed the support offered by our local Family Support Advisor to assist with behavioural difficulties.
All staff can access training that is required to help them support the children in their care. We liase with outside agencies and professionals to gain as much knowledge and support as possible to enable us to assist the child's development as best as we can. We also work in partnership with the parents and families of each child to gain as much information as we can from them.
We have a staff member who is Level 6 Makaton trained.
- Chantell Arnold (SENCo)
- 01473 254337
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care