Shotley and Erwarton Good Neighbour Scheme
In our scheme local volunteers help other local people in our community with a range of helpful services ranging including:
- Providing transport to medical appointments, hospital appointments and other appointments as necessary including taking you shopping or to the hairdressers/barbers
- Getting your Shopping for you
- Help with Form Filling
- Light Housework
- Minor domestic repairs
- Collecting pensions/prescriptions
- Dog walking and other activities as requested and agreed.
There are currently 46 registered volunteers who are all DBS checked providing services for the local community and last year assistance was provided 486 times for local people.
Our scheme is managed by a committee with a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer together with 7 other committee members. The Committee meets every 6 weeks and the AGM is held in October each year.
Anyone wishing to join the scheme as a volunteer or request to use the service should ring 07799 873881.
Who to contact
- Telephone Co-ordinator
Where to go
- Shotley and Ewarton villages
- Area served
- Restrictions to access
- To people living in Shotley and Erwarton.
The scheme covers residents of shotley, shotleygate and erwarton
Days & Times
- 8.30 to 6pm Monday to Friday
- Time of day
- Session Information
We undertake activities at any time of day by agreement. The phone is manned 8.30 to 6pm
We can sometimes undertake jobs over the weekend and evenings by agreement
- Age Groups
We will always try to assist people if we can but in order to find an available volunteer to undertake the task as much notice as possible is appreciated. We regularly help people with: Transport to appointments, shopping, prescription pick up, light housework, befriending, dog walking and light gardening.
- Service users involved in planning
The activitiy required is discussed and agreed with the service user if appropriate for the scheme member to undertake
More like this
Sign in to write a review